Jury convicts Libby on four of five charges

Gator

U of B and B Alumnus
Verdict in CIA leak case reached on 10th day of deliberations
BREAKING NEWS

NBC News and news services

WASHINGTON - Former White House aide I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby was convicted Tuesday of obstruction, perjury and lying to the FBI in an investigation into the leak of a CIA operative's identity.
Libby, the former chief of staff to Vice President Dick Cheney, was accused of lying and obstructing the investigation into the 2003 leak of CIA operative Valerie Plame's identity to reporters.
He was acquitted of one count of lying to the FBI.

Libby had little reaction to the verdict. He stood expressionless as the jury left the room. His lawyer, Theodore Wells, said they were "very disappointed" with the verdict.
The verdict was read on the 10th day of deliberations. Libby faces up to 30 years in prison, though under federal sentencing guidelines likely will receive far less.
U.S. District Judge Reggie B. Walton ordered a pre-sentencing report be completed by May 15. Judges use such reports to help determine sentences.
Libby faced two counts of perjury, two counts of lying to the FBI and one count of obstruction of justice. Prosecutors said he discussed Plame's name with reporters and, fearing prosecution, made up a story to make those discussions seem innocuous.

Full Story http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17479718/?GT1=9145

Going to be interesting to see what sentence he gets Major.... and if the whole shooting match is over with Libby or if there is a new direction to go.

Although there is a new Political Story on the burnner now with Senator Domenici.

Going to be interesting to see what sentence he gets Major.... and if the whole shooting match is over with Libby or if there is a new direction to go.

Although there is a new Political Story on the burnner now with Senator Domenici.

He is looking at 25 years in prison and a $1 Million Dollar fine. Its Iran-Contra all over again, the little fish jump on their swords in order to protect the big fish. Although I don't think Scooter expected that the WH would completely abandon him the way they did. Remember Libby was only on trial for lying not for the leak itself.

What a absolutely shameful display, the WH demand loyality but offers none back. I hope thats a lesson to some of you who think what a 'wonderful' president he is.

As for Domeneci, I dont know if you saw todays paper. But Heather Wilson (R-NM) as admitted
she was the other person to pressure Iglaiais about the democratic witch hunts.

At least Scooter won't be alone in his cell for long.

Last edited:
Its ok, in twenty years he'll have his own radio show, news column and annual poster with guns and hot chicks.

They should have indicted Richard Armitage who is the real source of the leak not this poor guy

I agree that Armitage was as guilty as Libby, but I am certain they were all doing this at the behest of Cheney. I think Bush supported punishing Wilson too, but the Mastermind was Cheney.

But the winner of this years weasel-of-the-year award has got to be Karl Rove. Who masterful managed to mask his involvement in this case, but not to the point where he did anything illegal. In other words although he was unable to rid himself of the dark cloud that followed him, he did manage to tell Fitzgerald just enough to avoid prosecution.

Back