Judo or Taekwondo?

If you see with a guy with a knife coming at you, don't get any crazy ideas. RUN and call for help. Run towards the nearest police officer.
If that guy is able to get a lucky stab into you, your life is over. There's no "Load Last Save."

Oh no seriously? Dang I was planning to get my memory increased to 160gb so i can hold more saves. Damn it, I sure got punk'd, didnt I? :roll:

Out of interest, what martial arts do various special forces in the world use?

Like, the GIGN, SAS, Reccondo's etc? I know Spetsnaz do Systema and Sambo

If someone comes at you with a knife turning around to run is just as bad as trying to get the knife away from him. I really cant see anything good to do in that situation...

Go ahead and have a go at the guy with the knife.
Run away and you might lose face.
Attack the guy and you'll probably lose your life.
Ask yourself if it's just because some lunatic came running after you because his wife left him for his lawyer, is it worth it?
If other people are in danger of this guy with the knife, then yes, you should do something if you can. If not, run. If you don't, your pride will probably kill you.
I have years and years of martial arts experience and yes, I've covered a lot of material on disarming opponents with knives but am I willing to bet my life on it for no particular reason? No.
But you guys can go ahead and give it a go. By all means, go ahead and knock yourselves out.
I've had some fights in situations where the odds were pretty bad but I wouldn't recommend anyone to do it and if I wasn't so pissed off, probably wouldn't have done it myself.

Last edited:
Well, that's up to you. But don't be too shocked when the guy manages to plant the knife in your gut and you fall to the ground begging whoever is up there for another chance because you won't get it.

Then again, this is an internet forum. Everyone's a f*cking tough guy on here.

*sigh* Look below in bold and red.

jump (j
ubreve.gif
mp)
v. jumped, jump·ing, jumps
v.intr. 1. a. To spring off the ground or other base by a muscular effort of the legs and feet.
b. To move suddenly and in one motion: jumped out of bed.
c. To move involuntarily, as in surprise: jumped when the phone rang.
d. To parachute from an aircraft.

2. a. Informal To move quickly; hustle: Jump when I give you an order.
b. To take prompt advantage; respond quickly: jump at a bargain.

3. a. To enter eagerly into an activity; plunge: jumped into the race for the nomination.
b. To begin or start. Often used with off: The project jumped off with great enthusiasm.

4. To form an opinion or judgment hastily: jump to conclusions.
5. To make a sudden verbal attack; lash out: jumped at me for being late.
6. a. To undergo a sudden and pronounced increase: Prices jumped in October.
b. To rise suddenly in position or rank: jumped over two others with more seniority.

7. To move discontinuously or change after a short period: jumps from one subject to another; jumped from one job to another.
8. a. To be displaced by a sudden jerk: The phonograph needle jumped.
b. To be displaced vertically or laterally because of improper alignment: The film jumped during projection.

9. Computer Science To move from one set of instructions in a program to another out of sequence.
10. Games a. To move over an opponent's playing piece in a board game.
b. To make a jump bid in bridge.

11. Slang To be lively; bustle: a disco that really jumps.

v.tr. 1. To leap over or across: jump a fence.
2. To leap onto: jump a bus.
3. Slang To spring upon in sudden attack; assault or ambush: Muggers jumped him in the park.
4. To move or start prematurely before: jumped the starting signal.
5. To cause to leap: jump a horse over a fence.
6. To cause to increase suddenly: shortages that jumped milk prices by several cents.
7. To pass over; skip: The typewriter jumped a space.
8. To raise in rank or position; promote.
9. Games a. To move a piece over (an opponent's piece) in a board game, often thereby capturing the opponent's piece.
b. To raise (a partner's bid) in bridge by more than is necessary.

10. To jump-start (a motor vehicle).
11. To leave (a course), especially through mishap: The train jumped the rails.
12. Slang a. To leave hastily; skip: jumped town a step ahead of the police.
b. To leave (an organization, for example) suddenly or in violation of an agreement: jumped the team and signed with a rival club.

13. To seize or occupy illegally: jump a mining claim.
14. To forfeit (bail) by failing to appear in court.
15. Vulgar Slang To have sexual intercourse with.

n. 1. a. The act of jumping; a leap.
b. The distance covered by a jump: a jump of seven feet.
c. An obstacle or span to be jumped.
d. A structure or course from which a jump is made: built a jump out of snow.

2. A descent from an aircraft by parachute.
3. Sports Any of several track-and-field events in which contestants jump.
4. Informal a. An initial competitive advantage; a head start: got the jump on the other newspapers.
b. Energy or quickness: "We got off to a slow start. We didn't have any jump, and when we did get things going, we were too far behind" (John LeClair).

5. a. A sudden pronounced rise, as in price or salary.
b. An impressive promotion.

6. A step or level: managed to stay a jump ahead.
7. A sudden or major transition, as from one career or subject to another.
8. a. A short trip.
b. One in a series of moves and stopovers, as with a circus or road show.

9. Games A move in a board game over an opponent's piece.
10. Computer Science A movement from one set of instructions to another.
11. a. An involuntary nervous movement; a start.
b. jumps A condition of nervousness. Often used with the.

12. A jump-start of a motor vehicle.
13. Vulgar Slang An act of sexual intercourse.

I know what you meant, I meant he will be the one AMBUSHING ME. Why the hell would try to get him anyways? Id only do it if I had a desert eagle lmao

Z-A, pride will get you killed. In Shanghai a couple years ago Ricky Hatton got cornered by a few kids with knives... he swallowed his pride, gave them his Rolex and lived... emphasis on LIVED.

Back