Judge Sues Cleaner for $65M Over Pants

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
Judge Sues Cleaner for $65M Over Pants photo
WASHINGTON (AP) - The Chungs, immigrants from South Korea, realized their American dream when they opened their dry-cleaning business seven years ago in the nation's capital. For the past two years, however, they've been dealing with the nightmare of litigation: a $65 million lawsuit over a pair...

Okay, the Chungs miss place a pair of pants from a $1,000 dollar. The pants owner decides to make them pay the cost of the pants. Okay in my book. The Chungs find said pants within a week and say they won't pay. Okay in my bok also. The owner of said pants than decides to sue the Chungs. Bad move in my opinion.

I have a couple of questions.

1. Did the Chungs have a sign in the Dry Cleaners saying something like this... "Loss of clothing items is a risk you must take"?

2. Did the Chungs fight the idea of paying for the lost pants before they were found?

3. Is the judge a complete scumbag?

It's a frakking pair of $1000 pants. The Dry Cleaners should only pay $1000 is the pants were lost. THEY'RE NOT LOST! Hence in my opnion the Chungs should not pay $1000 or the 65 Million dollars. All they should do is say sorry and explain that it was a simple mistake.

I'm curious how a judge thinks a $1000 pair of pants is worth $65M. Especially if the lost property was recovered.

And $65M, how did he dream that figure up? Most medical malpractice suits that result in death don't award that much.

Finally, what are the chances a family of Korean immigrants actually having $65 Million???

I worked retail for 3 years. There were always these types of losers that came into the store solely to push around the minimum wage people. It gave them a sense of power, it was truly pathetic. I had a guy that called our corporate office in order to get a Chinese collegue of mine fired because he wouldnt give him a 5% discount off a $2 dollar item. He then tried to get the guy he spoke on the phone (at corporate) fired as well, because he wouldn't fire my colleague.

This sounds like such a case, the family should counter-sue for harassment, filing a frivolous lawsuit, and mental stress.

At least the DC Bar is planning on disbarring him. Anybody that oversteps their authority to such a degree shouldn't be a lawyer or a judge.

Last edited:
I'm curious how a judge thinks a $1000 pair of pants is worth $65M. Especially if the lost property was recovered.

And $65M, how did he dream that figure up? Most medical malpractice suits that result in death don't award that much.

Finally, what are the chances a family of Korean immigrants actually having $65 Million???

I worked retail for 3 years. There were always these types of losers that came into the store solely to push around the minimum wage people. It gave them a sense of power, it was truly pathetic. I had a guy that called our corporate office in order to get a Chinese collegue of mine fired because he wouldnt give him a 5% discount off a $2 dollar item. He then tried to get the guy he spoke on the phone (at corporate) fired as well, because he wouldn't fire my colleague.

This sounds like such a case, the family should counter-sue for harassment, filing a frivolous lawsuit, and mental stress.

At least the DC Bar is planning on disbarring him. Anybody that oversteps their authority to such a degree shouldn't be a lawyer or a judge.

It doesn't happen alot but I have to agree with you. This judge is making a mountain out of a mole hill. I'm glad that he gets disbarred.

Back