Judge bans Navy from using sonar off Southern California

I think this ruling makes sense. It only says the Navy can not use full power bursts when whales are in the area during training exercises, and does not restrict sonar use in battle whatsoever.

If the Army and Marines can't do live fire exercises where people might get hurt, the Navy shouldn't unduly use sonar when animals might get hurt.

Question for any sailors though, does using sonar at a lower intensity impact the usefulness of the training exercise?

Damn greens....

What's next, our troops and march because it crushes the earth worms living in the dirt?

Train as you fight and fight as you train.

May have to reschedule the exercise and move it somewhere else.
Personally I think if it can be helped protecting endangered wildlife should at least be given a priority.

*sigh*....When will the greens and liberals leave the military exercise training alone?

Well Fox, when they have a point, we have to listen.
Military exercises like those about to be held just off Southern California could be relocated elsewhere and still get the same sort of results.
Although I don't really like how environmental groups go about their agenda and I do feel that they're at times detached from reality, I don't disagree with their cause. Preserving the environment is quite important not only for eye candy but for the health of the world as a whole. Now, if we screw up the environment to irreversible levels, then the Earth will see a dip in life. But eventually the Earth will be fine. It's just that we are f**ked.
Doing a little favor for these groups can earn some level of trust between them and teh military. The military can send this sort of message: Give us the right reasons and solutions and we will work with you.
If we just blindly say "no," it's just being hard headed.

Those so called whales are in fact members of a splinter cell of the terrorist group Al-Mammal. They are responsible for the deaths of billions of plankton and protozoa. They wear no uniform, have limited C&C and are not signatories to the Geneva Conventions. By all rights they should be shot on sight. The SONAR massage applied by US Naval personell is part of an ongoing COINTEL pogrom designed to rip apart the cell from the inside through the use of deliberate misinformation using the group's own communication network. You either support TWAT or you don't. There is no middle ground with Al-Mammal. If we don't eliminate this threat it might encourage other groups to link up with them such as Al-Baboon in Africa or Al-Sloth in South America.

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

now THAT, is a money call,

nice one bulldog

BTW, Al-Sloth in his jungle lair

lolsloth.jpg

Back