JTF-2

Shadow_Predator

My dream is to be in the JTF-2 i intend on living this so no i am not a wannabe i'm a gonnabe. I use the navy seal prebuds work out plan for my workout. i do NOT sit home all day and play cod. I would like to contribute more then a basic infantry man to my country i have 10 relatives that were in the military and i want to take the fight to the enemy. Any help would be helpful. I don't care if you hate on me.

First off, you need to settle down. You think people are going to "hate on you" for wanting to join JTF2? Hardly. However, people will be questioning your motives when you come here and start with a post like this.

Second..."contribute more then a basic infantry man"? Really? You think that the average Infantier doesn't give all he's got when he's outside the wire? JTF2 may have different tasks than the rest of the CF, but that does NOT mean that everyone else in uniform contributes less to the protection of Canada. And don't forget that before you even set foot inside JTF2 selection door, you're going to have to be one of those you say doesn't contribute as much. JTF2 doesn't recruit off the street, and even people who've been in for years still have a tough time with it, and not just physically.

If you want to be a member of JTF2, or any part of CANSOFCOM, you're going to need more than physical fitness. A good portion of it is about attitude. One of the most impressive things about them is not their fitness, skill at kicking down doors, or anything like that. It's their ability to present themselves to the rest of us as. If you were talking to a member of JTF2, you shouldn't even know it. They don't go around bragging, nor do they act "high speed". Some of the guys I've met from that unit were the nicest guys I've seen, and I never would have known if I hadn't been told beforehand.

You're 15, so you've got plenty of time before you'll even have a chance to join, so if I were you, I'd be constantly re-evaluating my reasons for joining right up until you sign the dotted line. Again, it's more than just being fit and motivated to "take the fight to the enemy". You need the proper attitude for it. And frankly...I'm not seeing it right now.

That being said, if you're still bent on being part of Canada's best, I wish you good luck.

First off, you need to settle down. You think people are going to "hate on you" for wanting to join JTF2? Hardly. However, people will be questioning your motives when you come here and start with a post like this.

Second..."contribute more then a basic infantry man"? Really? You think that the average Infantier doesn't give all he's got when he's outside the wire? JTF2 may have different tasks than the rest of the CF, but that does NOT mean that everyone else in uniform contributes less to the protection of Canada. And don't forget that before you even set foot inside JTF2 selection door, you're going to have to be one of those you say doesn't contribute as much. JTF2 doesn't recruit off the street, and even people who've been in for years still have a tough time with it, and not just physically.

If you want to be a member of JTF2, or any part of CANSOFCOM, you're going to need more than physical fitness. A good portion of it is about attitude. One of the most impressive things about them is not their fitness, skill at kicking down doors, or anything like that. It's their ability to present themselves to the rest of us as. If you were talking to a member of JTF2, you shouldn't even know it. They don't go around bragging, nor do they act "high speed". Some of the guys I've met from that unit were the nicest guys I've seen, and I never would have known if I hadn't been told beforehand.

You're 15, so you've got plenty of time before you'll even have a chance to join, so if I were you, I'd be constantly re-evaluating my reasons for joining right up until you sign the dotted line. Again, it's more than just being fit and motivated to "take the fight to the enemy". You need the proper attitude for it. And frankly...I'm not seeing it right now.

That being said, if you're still bent on being part of Canada's best, I wish you good luck.
nah AF - the kid thinks the *video game* is as near to *reality* as it can get... and when you die you get to *play* again tomorrow...... cides, them pesky regular Infantrymen do nothing more then *plot* all day how to steal from them Artillery guys, who steal from.................................. :wink:

thanks

thanks for your feedback i am constantly reweighting my options. i just got so frustrated with people telling me that this isn't a video game... anyway sorry for how i acted . and thanks for your feedback also what i mean't by basic infantryman is not that he dosen't give it his all but more that i don't want t be the guy that goes in to sweep up the rest of the enemies also i believe warfare is rapidly changing from drones to being able to make things invisible.

The infantrymen are the core of the Armed Forces of any country mate - they're usually first in. Discounting the various surveillance systems which are in the air well before an operation takes place. The infantry is still the bread and butter of the Armed Forces, they're the guys on the ground.

Drone warfare is becoming more prevalent, but the infantry is still necessary as they don't just "sweep the rest of the enemies", but rather laze targets for drone operations, or gather intelligence on a target, prior to a drone strike taking place.

As for "making things invisible", we're still probably quite a ways off of that yet. Although stealth technology exists, it's probably a good ten, fifteen years until we see even the developmental stages of invisibility/cloaking technology.

Cheers,

Hawky.

Infantry men contribues just as JTF even more then JTF2,not only in canada but worldwide,
Special forces do surgical operations.to damge the infasturcture of the enemy\recon and etc'.
But those who take al the ****.those who really take the fight to the enemy are the infantry men.
Without them,JTF2 wouldn't exist.

Now,about the requierments.
I dont really know how canada selcetion and training works.
But i do know some things for sure.
They don't want you to be full of muscles,sure fitness is good.And needed also.
But you can build a person fitness,you cant rebuild hes mentality,personality.
They need out of the box thinkers,who can withstand heavy pressure and stress.
Can withstand extreme conditios,never give up,and be friendly.

The infantrymen are the core of the Armed Forces of any country mate - they're usually first in. Discounting the various surveillance systems which are in the air well before an operation takes place. The infantry is still the bread and butter of the Armed Forces, they're the guys on the ground.

Drone warfare is becoming more prevalent, but the infantry is still necessary as they don't just "sweep the rest of the enemies", but rather laze targets for drone operations, or gather intelligence on a target, prior to a drone strike taking place.

As for "making things invisible", we're still probably quite a ways off of that yet. Although stealth technology exists, it's probably a good ten, fifteen years until we see even the developmental stages of invisibility/cloaking technology.

Cheers,

Hawky.

infantry - bread and butter? what happened to *canon-bait* now we're just a salty spread on rye? and no pastrami? whatever have we become?

Back