JROTC BOOT CAMP cant wait

I love PT now cuz I have JROTC as my last period B) and last year I had it 2nd period so I got all sweaty and smelled nasty for the day

man its cool how our ret. sergeant runs with us.. while those gym teachers just watch them run.... XD

i just hate how we run.. ugh i hate running in formation.... and we move 3 times slower than walking.. seriously lol!

man I wanna go to the summer camp but then I couldnt go because it overlapped with summer school final week and our EX sergeant was going to a diff school..

man i love my new sergeant.. he doesnt DING you much... my ex sergeant.. 1 lil piece of hair touches ur ears.... man u just got a C in ur uniform inspection...
new sergeant.. this guy has semi long hair.. pretty thick and... he didnt get dinged and i had some hair touching my ears and .. no ding :)

Wow...if we had hair like that during FYOP, we'd get eaten alive. Forget failing the inspection, think more along the lines of 2 and a half hours of PT (after being given about 30 seconds to change into our PT gear, by the way)

as a female, my hair cannot fall beneath the bottom of my collar. If one wisp of hair falls benaeath it. I just got a 1 one my inspection

The higher echelon looks down on it when I fail a cadet for having even one piece of hair touch their ears. "You can't fail a cadet for one wrong thing." What happened to the good old days where you were doing pushups for half a millimeter off on your rank?

If my rank,(or any of the other cadets rank for that matter) is off by a millimeter, we are outside standing at attention for a long time.

We have to stand outside for a long time anyway so I don't know what you're complaining about. Just yesterday I was outside in 40 degree weather for 4 hours.

Sounds like some of the parade practices we have here at RMC. It's even more fun when you have the dress rehearsal for the parade...and you're in your nice warm Scarlets...IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SUMMER.

the thing i hate about the Junior ROTC groups now is that they are too soft on people. Number one the people who arent motivated and dont participate in the corps activities are usually people forced into it by their parents or because the schedule messes up. Those people bring down the morale of the group and we cant do anything about it. All we can do is give demerits(no effect) and make them write essays(no effect, they dont even do them). I miss the olden days when you could give a man physical punishment for misbehaving or underperforming. The thing that hurts the most about the PT test is the mental part. The above requirements i posted are the Air Force Standards. The hopefuls that want to join the Air Force have to pass the same qualifications, which weighs heavily on your concience as youre running.

EDIT:Stop complaining about 40 degrees....down in Alabama its about 35 and we have the December Christmas parade coming up on Saturday.

Last edited:
C/CMSgt Henderson said:
the thing i hate about the Junior ROTC groups now is that they are too soft on people. Number one the people who arent motivated and dont participate in the corps activities are usually people forced into it by their parents or because the schedule messes up. Those people bring down the morale of the group and we cant do anything about it. All we can do is give demerits(no effect) and make them write essays(no effect, they dont even do them). I miss the olden days when you could give a man physical punishment for misbehaving or underperforming.

EDIT:Stop complaining about 40 degrees....down in Alabama its about 35 and we have the December Christmas parade coming up on Saturday.

I know what you mean about the punishment part. We have the same problem here. By the way, that was 40 degrees in a 20 kt wind, so don't you say a word. The wind chill factor is 30 degrees, and that means the beginnings of frostbite start at 30 min of exposure. Remember, we were out there for 4 hrs.

Alright, enough of the complaining about the cold. You can't do anything about it, so just bundle up and give 'er.

And in all technicality, you can still give someone physical punishment, but you're not allowed to call it that. Now, it's called "corrective measures". Obviously, you can't make them do push-ups until they puke, but you still can give them something to make sure they don't screw up again.

2.5 hours of wall sitting is a good way to do it...if you have the time. My staff had plenty of time to play with us during FYOP. The 'thinking position' is a good one as well.

Anyway, this topic is about JROTC Boot Camp, not about punishments. Let's keep it on topic from now on.

Navy Boy said:
Thank God we NJROTC cadets don't have to do that. :)

haha i know that this is from forever ago, but SO true Navy Boy. haha, I think at least for the females the requirements need to be increased for NJROTC. I mean for a 15 year old girl I have to do like 15 push ups in 2 minutes, thats practically an insult to my physical capabilities haha. Minimum should be at least 25.

The run is the hardest part for me. I can get an outstanding on push ups and sit ups easily.

Back