JP Montoya to NASCAR?

AJChenMPH

Forum Health Inspector
I'm watching the press conference live as I type this.

Are you kidding me? :bang: It's not April 1st, is it?

Juan Pablo Montoya is a driver in the Formula One series who has decided that NASCAR is more of a challenge. I think that this is a good thing for NASCAR, especially for Chip Ganassi Racing, who is losing Casey Mears (No. 42) at the end of the season. With Montoya doing the crossover, I think more open wheel drivers will come over from Europe to go take a stab at handling a stock car surrounded by 42 other drivers. I say good for him, and I'm pretty sure he won't be a dissapointment (just don't hold me to it).

Some of the best things about America ...ARENT American!!! lol

But ya It's disappointing Juan wont be driving for McLaren anymore. Its goina be a big change driving F1 to a Dodge. Fair play to him.

Last edited:
yeah its sad, he was a decent driver.
why exactly, because he's bored or because he's bored because he's not been winning?
either way, Schumi still rocks!

well, they are. there is a toyota plant in the us (tennesse if i'm not mistaken). international recognition could do wonders for NASCAR. i mean, the busch series runs the road course in Mexico City once a year. it would be cool for NASCAR to be as popular internationally as Formula One is right now.

well, they are. there is a toyota plant in the us (tennesse if i'm not mistaken). international recognition could do wonders for NASCAR. i mean, the busch series runs the road course in Mexico City once a year. it would be cool for NASCAR to be as popular internationally as Formula One is right now

No no im jsut fine with the way nascar is now

back to the toyota thing, the toyota tundra is run in the craftman truck series, so it was just a matter of time for toyota to enter the busch series and the cup. and in regards to keeping nascar american, there are rumors going around the racing world that there could be a posibility of the busch series running not only in mexico city, but in montreal, canada as well.

Villeneuve to NASCAR?

There is a rumour that Jacques Villeneuve may also quit F1, and move to NASCAR. He's amost certainly quitting BMW Sauber because of poor results, and may move to NASCAR if he doesnt get any good offers.
He's Canadian, btw.

well, if he is going to NASCAR, maybe he can find a ride with Robert Yates Racing, seeing that Sadler and Jarret are leaving after the end of the season.

Ok, if I were to quote folks, then there would be about 10 quotes so I will talk about the topics as I have read them.

1. Montoya to NASCAR is a great thing for the sport. In case you forgot, he started running Indy Cars before he went to F1. In fact he was an Indy 500 winner. He lives in Miami.... so... tell me what qualifications does it take for you to really drive here. I think a lead foot and good judgement on a track. Paul Tracy is Canadian and he raced NASCAR this past season a few times. There are also several drivers from several different countries that run in the top 3 NASCAR series.

2. Jacques Villeneuve did not quit F1, he was fired. I think it was a mistake for him to go to F1, but that is just my opinion. He is also a Canadian. If he decides to go to NASCAR, great. Let him drive. I have no problem with him getting in a car.

3. One of the big problems that NASCAR is having right now is finding talented drivers. You can't tell me an 18 year old kid has enough experience to race with the big boys. To get seasoned drivers into this sport from other series will only upgrade the quality of the racing.

4. Toyota to NASCAR. There are almost as many Toyotas produced in the US as there are in Japan. Hey, bring it on. It is good to see American cars in NASCAR, but to be honest with you, if they want to race, let them. We are in a global society of globalization and we can see it in the diversity of NASCAR.

5. Mark Martin will most likely stay with Cup on a part time schedule next year as well as Full Time in the trucks. Rouch doesn't have the talent pool to bring anyone up from Busch or Trucks just yet.

6. RYR is in big trouble. They need to sign a good driver or that team will be out of sponsors and support by the end of next year.

Did I miss anything?

6. RYR is in big trouble. They need to sign a good driver or that team will be out of sponsors and support by the end of next year.

Give me WARD BURTON.

bigcanada813 said:
nope, that pretty much covers it, and i agree with you on all points there, infidel.

Ok, that's one car. Now fill the other one... and oh by the way, RYR wants to expand to a 3rd car.

Hmm... Wonder if the are taking applicaitons?

well, RYR is talking about bringing up their busch series driver, and don't forget that Brian Vickers is out of his contract at Hendrick Motorsports at the end of the season, so he could be going to Yates as well.

Back