Journalist protection?

Maybe the journalists should talk about this with the Iraqi people more...Perhaps they should flood the streets with the words of "hey these *******s are killing us not in the name of god but in the name of jihad"....I dunno something like that.....

Your ignorance is showing, a "jihad" is fighting done in defense of Islam in the name of Allah. :) I got to agree with Marinerhodes on this one, I would need to know just wtf they were up to. My gut reaction is if you want the military to protect you JOIN the military and be a reporter for Stars and Stripes. :) Otherwise you, Mr Journalist, are not a child, you know there is a war on and you came of your own volition so YOU are responsible to keep your self safe, no one else.

bulldog i couldnt agree with you more. everyone gets so upset about this journalist being kidnapped or killed. YOU ARE IN A WAR ZONE WHERE MANY PEOPLE HATE WESTERNERS. use some common sense.

The press should stop making our troops look like war criminals. When I got home from Afghanistan, I watched the news. I was shocked and amazed. The media makes it look like a different war. Samething in Iraq, my friends serving there say the samething. They'll see what is actually happening and than watch the news. They say that it's like two different wars are being fought.

If the media wants protection than maybe they should stop printing lies.

War criminals? 90% of the time the media gives out sympathy to the troops that are in the mid east right now, what are you reading that makes them sound like war criminals? Not even the new york times can be accused of that, and i just wrote that since people always point their fingers at that newspaper for being "unamerican", whatever the hell that means.

The press should stop making our troops look like war criminals. When I got home from Afghanistan, I watched the news. I was shocked and amazed. The media makes it look like a different war. Samething in Iraq, my friends serving there say the samething. They'll see what is actually happening and than watch the news. They say that it's like two different wars are being fought.

If the media wants protection than maybe they should stop printing lies.
seriously WarMachine you took the word right outa my mouth!
my dad has been in iraq for his first tour and when he got home he freak'd out aswell. and i do think media should get secruity just not security from our armed forces!

Your ignorance is showing, a "jihad" is fighting done in defense of Islam in the name of Allah. :) I got to agree with Marinerhodes on this one, I would need to know just wtf they were up to. My gut reaction is if you want the military to protect you JOIN the military and be a reporter for Stars and Stripes. :) Otherwise you, Mr Journalist, are not a child, you know there is a war on and you came of your own volition so YOU are responsible to keep your self safe, no one else.

I was trying to point out how messed up these wack jobs are....You are the one showing ignorance in your haste to point out the obvious....

Oh and when you go to point out something to someone and call them ignorant you may want to research it a little more for Jihad has many meanings:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jihad

Further more that article was talking about Iraqi journalists being killed not westerners...Seriously before you start calling someone names you might want to think it out a bit more...

-edit

To explain more what I meant in my first post...

I was meaning that perhaps the Iraqi news media should use its new freedom of press to show how these extremists are NOT fighting in the name of their god but in the spirit of fighting in general and thus why they are killing their own...

Last edited:
Say what you mean then... notice the smiley face, this wasn't a dig. And ignorance is not a negative word, it simply means a lack of knowledge and from what you WROTE (irregardless of the hidden meaning known only to you) it demonstrated a lack of knowledge. As for wikipedia, its blocked in China and I don't need it to explain Islam to me. My wife is Indonesian and she is a lawyer. She knows the Qu'ran and the Sharia inside out, can quote chapter and verse.

For clarity, re-read what I wrote and concentrate... I said "ignorance"... I did not say you are "ignorant". We all have ignorance in different areas.

Last edited:
Say what you mean then... notice the smiley face, this wasn't a dig. And ignorance is not a negative word, it simply means a lack of knowledge and from what you WROTE (irregardless of the hidden meaning known only to you) it demonstrated a lack of knowledge. As for wikipedia, its blocked in China and I don't need it to explain Islam to me. My wife is Indonesian and she is a lawyer. She knows the Qu'ran and the Sharia inside out, can quote chapter and verse.

For clarity, re-read what I wrote and concentrate... I said "ignorance"... I did not say you are "ignorant". We all have ignorance in different areas.

Than ask her about the many meanings of Jihad ;)

Back