Journal of History!

rkmac48

Greetings, one and all!

As an avid lover of history and the United States military, I've manifested my interests in the form of a website:

http://www.journalofhistory.com/

Check it out! I think you'll really enjoy it. I'm working now on an online forum that I expect to become an integral part of the site.

The forum is somewhat of a fledgling right now. If you're interested in discussing the military history of the United States, martial arts, or just about anything, go here:

http://www.journalofhistory.com/phpBB2/

I'm trying to get a base of users on there, so just jump in, take a second to register, and get posting! I look forward to seeing you there, as does our small community of users! :D

It occurred to me that perhaps posts like this are viewed in a negative light; I've been a part of large forums before, and it's no fun when someone barges in and tries to "swipe" members for his own site.

I'm not trying to do that... this is an awesome site. However, if you'd like to discuss information relavent to other topics - martial arts, world history, American history, battles, politics, you name it - then you may find it advantageous to check out my forum.

Don't leave this site, though! This site is awesome. Thanks, to those of the admin who are permitting me to show my site on here! :D

rkmac48 said:
It occurred to me that perhaps posts like this are viewed in a negative light; I've been a part of large forums before, and it's no fun when someone barges in and tries to "swipe" members for his own site.

I don't have any problems with this at all..
The Internet should be big enough for all of us, and I don't want to "force" anyone to stay at this forum only. :)

So feel free to present your sites in here.
The General Chit Chat description even encourages you to do so:
"Here you can start discussions about anything between heaven and earth. Promote your (non-commercial) website, found any cool links, or you just want to tell us something that doesn't fit in the other categories.. It's up to you."
The keyword here is "non-commercial".

I really don't like (or allow) posts promoting the members commercial website(s), especially if it's the only thing he/she posts in the forum!
I want to keep that privilege for myself only.. ;)

Redleg said:
rkmac48 said:

I don't have any problems with this at all..
The Internet should be big enough for all of us, and I don't want to "force" anyone to stay at this forum only. :)

So feel free to present your sites in here.
The General Chit Chat description even encourages you to do so:
"Here you can start discussions about anything between heaven and earth. Promote your (non-commercial) website, found any cool links, or you just want to tell us something that doesn't fit in the other categories.. It's up to you."
The keyword here is "non-commercial".

I really don't like (or allow) posts promoting the members commercial website(s), especially if it's the only thing he/she posts in the forum!
I want to keep that privilege for myself only.. ;)

Thanks! :D

Back