Jordanian weekly reports: 'Mossad hit men targeted Erdogan'

Justice

The Israeli intelligence agency Mossad has failed in an attempt to assassinate Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, a Jordanian weekly says.

Informed sources in Turkey say that the Mossad plot has been foiled by the country's security forces, al-Manar quoted a report in the most recent edition of the Al-Majd weekly as saying.

There are also reports that Israel has been trying to incite violence inside Turkey by lending support to the militants of the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK).

Earlier in June, Sedat Laciner, the head of the International Strategic Research Organization — a Turkish think tank — said Mossad agents and Israeli military retirees had been sighted providing training to PKK militants in Iraqi Kurdistan.

Laciner said Tel Aviv does not have a positive perception of Turkey's ruling Justice and Development Party, which is led by Erdogan.

After an Israeli attack on a Gaza-bound flotilla that left nine Turkish citizens dead on May 31, Ankara drew up a roadmap to "completely" cut its ties with Israel.

Turkish President Abdullah Gul had earlier announced that a roadmap would be prepared on the issue of sanctions against Israel.

"The roadmap details a process through which Turkey will completely cut its ties with Israel" in several stages, Turkish daily Today's Zaman reported on June 17.

According to the roadmap, the first step would be that Turkey's ambassador to Tel Aviv, who had previously been recalled, would not be sent back unless Israel sends a member to a UN investigatory commission that aims to look into the Israeli attack on the Gaza-bound Freedom Flotilla.

The roadmap would also require all military training and cooperation with Israel to be halted and states that an internal Israeli inquiry into the attack would in no way be recognized by Turkey.

http://presstv.com/detail.aspx?id=131745&sectionid=351020204

Man why is it left to me to try and defend Israel but why not, I have read nothing in either the "Israel is supporting the PKK" argument nor this article that would be enough to convince me of anything and both articles are written by nations/groups that are not neutral to the middle eastern mess therefore I have great doubts about their reliability (please note I am not discounting the possibility that Israel is doing this I just don't trust the sources on this one).

Essentially I don't believe what Arabs tell me about Israel any more than I believe what Israel tells me about Arabs, they both hate each other and they are both in the business of making the other look bad.

For years Mossad and Shin Bet were held to be the top of the class when it came to covert operations and information gathering. Now suddenly a huge string of gaffes have been revealed. Is this is a sign of the decline of leadership or simply incompetent operations or a sign of desperation?

Myself I don't think that the Israeli's would be that ham fisted and as Monty said there is little to prove the case either way. That said they have shown a remarkable lack of judgement with the Gaza blockade runners, so who can say for sure - but assasinating a head of state? No I don't think so.

I don't believe that Mossad tried or even thought such thing. These coward Arab states are trying to create a conflict or even war between Turkey and Israel. Because they are not courageous enough to fight against their number one enemy Israel.

And also I don't believe that Israel is courageous enought to assassinate a Turkish Prime Minister.
Who wrote that b******t? A member of Hamas?

Back