Joining the us armyas a foreigner?

eli

I know it is possible to join the us army as a foreigner.
Does somebody know what I can become in the us army?
I am from Belgium and I have a university degree in criminology.

I was rejected for the Belgian Royal Military Academy because of a weak spot in my back. Does somebody know what the medical test consist of for the us army?
My physical condition is perfect. I have no problems to pass the tests. Not even the ones for the specops.

Are there any other countries where I can join the army as a foreigner?

hey if you look on their site then there should be an email address and they will tell you the requirements. but to be honest as long as your back doesnt restrict you in what you can do then i dont think there will be a problem :D

eli said:
I know it is possible to join the us army as a foreigner.
Does somebody know what I can become in the us army?
I am from Belgium and I have a university degree in criminology.

I was rejected for the Belgian Royal Military Academy because of a weak spot in my back. Does somebody know what the medical test consist of for the us army?
My physical condition is perfect. I have no problems to pass the tests. Not even the ones for the specops.

Are there any other countries where I can join the army as a foreigner?

You can join the US Army as a non-citizen, but you have to be a legal resident.

As for your back, it depends on your condition and medical history. The US military is very picky about things like that. They can do one of three things, consider it a non-issue (unlikely if you've been denied service elsewhere), deny you entry altogether, or require a medical waiver.

You mention Special Operations, it doesn't matter if you think you can pass the various tests required - you MUST be a US citizen to even be considered. I would focus on the physical testing you would be required to pass. Also, you would be limited as to what jobs you could do as a non-citizen.

The first thing you should look at is getting into the US. Contacting an immigration attorney will lead you in the right direction.

Back