joining some foreign army?

kristo

Hi iam 21 years old from iceland , iam in a very good shape , i train 4-5 times a week. Iam boored of this quite live , study , work . I have everything in iceland, i can do what i want but still i feel alone and with no purpouse, . My dream has allways been to join an army , it's something i feel i have to do in my life :D...... Anyway i live in a country with no army ? So what can i do were can i go ?
I know i would qualifie all the phyiscal test

You can join the French Foreign Legion or you can try your luck in the US (very hard, takes a long time, but it's a better career choice).

I agree with both of them. French Foreign Legion. Now Spanish Legion is closed to countries who use Spanish language or old colonies like Guinea.

i once heard that the French foregin legion was based manly on non-french who went in jail,is that true?

i once heard that the French foregin legion was based manly on non-french who went in jail,is that true?

(This reply is not directed necessarily at you, just a general comment to the OP).

It used to be. Not any more.

The Legion is open to all (including French Citizens), but you will temporary renounce your citizenship for the first 2 years. After which you can choose to regain your identity, or you can stay no-identity and become a French Citizen and the end of your service.

As for a criminal record that depends. The Legion will overlook minor offenses, and certain more serious ones. However Drug-related, and Violent Criminals need not apply, neither should anybody who is a fugitive because they will hand you over directly to Interpol. The days of the FFL being a safe haven for criminals is over.

Whats most important during the interview process (and I cannot stress this enough), is not to lie during the interview. The FFL uses a very strict honor system, violating that system brings out some very sever penalties, penalties like corporal punishment. If you are hiding something about your past they will find out about it (they do check) and then your as* will be toast.

Be Warned: the FFL is extremely tough, it does not have the same rules+regulations as regular French Army does, the lifestyle is very Spartan by comparison. My father-in-law (hes a Colonel) says most of the FFL recruits had prior military training, although this is not required. Be prepared to stationed a good length of time in some world pit. Its not fun and games.

I have not been in the military myself, so I will not give you any advice about what you should do. I have relatives who are officers in the French military, if people have further questions ask or PM me, I can check it for you. Anything I cannot answer, I will say so and direct you to the FFL Recruitment website.

Last edited:
can we ask why is that?

Because times changes but **** is all the same along all eras, so if you can allow not including that, much betters, dont you think? At this moment that also hapens in Spanish Legion, when some years ago you just signed your enlistment with some name like Benjamin Franklin and they asked for nothing more than that, you where that.

Hi iam 21 years old from iceland , iam in a very good shape , i train 4-5 times a week. Iam boored of this quite live , study , work . I have everything in iceland, i can do what i want but still i feel alone and with no purpouse, . My dream has allways been to join an army , it's something i feel i have to do in my life :D...... Anyway i live in a country with no army ? So what can i do were can i go ?
I know i would qualifie all the phyiscal test

I may be wrong here but doesn't Norway allow Icelandic citizens to serve in the Norwegian Armed Forces?

Believe me you don't want to join Russian army
that what is going on there
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCWVt_OLHyM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eck2FK5gLQc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc3UgGrrhh8&feature=related

And the soldiers cab do nothing ... (no complaiments allowed)

so you still want ?

Except for that "gay dancing" part, that's how I earned my stripes. Don't think it's that crazy at all. The worst part is what I've heard about Russian soldiers being pimped out as male prostitutes.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6356707.stm
No, the stuff you see in that video aren't the worst parts at all.

Except for that "gay dancing" part, that's how I earned my stripes. Don't think it's that crazy at all. The worst part is what I've heard about Russian soldiers being pimped out as male prostitutes.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6356707.stm
No, the stuff you see in that video aren't the worst parts at all.

heard...but do you know. who you heard it from?
oh bunch of western bitches, too much talk.

hey man who wanted to join the Russian army - you wont cause your not a citezen, no other way possible. I dont know about the chinese army.

try joining the latvian army but its nothing of professional. try French Legion but it will tire you because they mainly require stuff like...have clean bed..have clean this..have clean this and that and that. No action for you most likely except cleaning and mopping - better chances at going and being a house maid.

Lots of ironing and close folding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back