Joining Multiple Cadet Programs?

January 30th, 2005  

Topic: Joining Multiple Cadet Programs?

Hey, I was just wondering if it was possible/allowed, or even discouraged to join multiple cadet programs. Right now I'm looking at CAP and Sea Cadets since we have no JROTC here at all. But has anybody here done so or known anyone who does...or am I just crazy?

January 30th, 2005  
I was in Navy JROTC and the Sea Cadets at the same time for a few months-but my workload made me drop Sea Cadets. If you are lower-ranking enlisted in both, go for it, but if you have responsibilities that take up lots of time in one, drop the other.
January 30th, 2005  
CAP and USNSC, eh? Just a little bit of a difference in preference, really. Going from one end of things to the other.

Well, apparently you can go JROTC and CAP/USNSC but I'm not too sure about CAP and the USNSC going together. I know that here in Canada, you can't join 2 different Cadet elements, but I'm not too sure about in the States.

My advice, ask the corps officers (or whoever is in charge of the unit). They could probably provide more answers than anyone here.
January 30th, 2005  
Yea it is quite a bit of a jump.....but if you wanna hear one more to boot, I'm hoping to either go to West Point, and if that fails, probably into the Marines or Army...

I want to meet and spend time with people who have the same aspirations and drive as me, and I can't see a better way than to join Cadet Elements. That way, I'm not only doing something I want, and will help me in the future, but being surrounded by others with the same goals, I'll strive and push harder. I hope that made sense, lol.

I hope there isn't such a restriction on joining multiple cadet programs. Hopefully a CAP member here may be knowledgeable on that. :cross fingers:
January 30th, 2005  
C/2nd Lt Robot
I've never heard of any restrictions regarding joining two cadets programs. So I say if you want it go for it.
January 31st, 2005  
CAP does not have a rule saying you can't join another Cadet Program, and I know quite a few cadets who are in JROTC, CAP and or ACA. So it is possible, it's just up to you and if you want to spend that much time in different programs and such.
February 1st, 2005  
Its is actually encouraged, because you can get benefits if you are in JROTC and at the same time in CAP
April 16th, 2005  
Cadet 2nd Lt. Stinson
I say go for it! I am trying to join Sea Cadets too, and I am currently in MCJROTC. I am a platoon sgt, and I do a lot of extra work, but I beleive that I'll still have time if I can schedule things right
April 26th, 2005  
cap and jrotc
i find that both are so different you get a wide verity of experience
April 29th, 2005  
Does anyone know if this sort of thing is possible with the Canadian cadet program? i am with an army infantry cadet unit and i would like to join an army artillery cadet unit at the same time?