Joining the Marines possible DQ?

Hello I broke my leg September 9, 2009 :( and had surgery September 11. 2009 :confused:
I had a clean cut fracture right above my ankle, And had to get plates(I get them removed in a month or two) and I am worried that it will keep me out of the Marines it has been my dream to be a Marine since i was five :salute:

Other Details
It does not restrict any movement.
It is almost fully healed.
I missed my growth plates by one inch(WAY TOO CLOSE)
I have two scars that are 3 inches long

Other Q
Should I keep the Paperwork?
How much weight should I put in a backpack for me to get backpack to get back in shape(Am 14 years old)

Thanks for the Help. :sniper:

Hello I broke my leg September 9, 2009 :( and had surgery September 11. 2009 :confused:
I had a clean cut fracture right above my ankle, And had to get plates(I get them removed in a month or two) and I am worried that it will keep me out of the Marines it has been my dream to be a Marine since i was five :salute:

Other Details
It does not restrict any movement.
It is almost fully healed.
I missed my growth plates by one inch(WAY TOO CLOSE)
I have two scars that are 3 inches long

Other Q
Should I keep the Paperwork?
How much weight should I put in a backpack for me to get backpack to get back in shape(Am 14 years old)

Thanks for the Help. :sniper:

Your 14? It is way to early to worry about DQ's.

Keep the paperwork.

Do NOT pack weights in a ruck at that age..
Return to/continue with normal physical activities and if you feel the same way when you are 17, let us know and we will hook you up with the straight poop on how to train.
For now focus on school and to return to ordinary physical activities.
//KJ.

Yep, keep the paperwork. Always good to get in the habit of keeping medical records. Although, it probably wouldn't influence a review board one way or the other. They'll be looking at your "as is" condition at the time of recruitment.

You're young. Broken bones are pretty common and people then go on to have fun in the miltary.

Best of luck.

Do not overtrain. This is a mistake I made and now I'm real short. Stay active but lay off on the weights and too heavy a running. All the tall guys in our Cross Country team joined tall. Folks who started running while short pretty much stayed that way even though they were supposed to grow.

Keep the paperwork.

Do NOT pack weights in a ruck at that age..
Return to/continue with normal physical activities and if you feel the same way when you are 17, let us know and we will hook you up with the straight poop on how to train.
For now focus on school and to return to ordinary physical activities.
//KJ.

good advice............... :bravo:

Back