Joining the Marines? - Page 6

--

September 30th, 2004  
Lil Hulk 1988

I was in boot during the Birthday, actually got Lobster and Steak in Boot!!! We were in 3rd phase, it wasn't the best, but it didn't matter.....
September 30th, 2004  
Sooners1

By the time you get to third phase they could give you a perch and a peice of leather and call it steak and lobster and you would not care and eat it anyway.
September 30th, 2004  
Lil Hulk 1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooners1
By the time you get to third phase they could give you a perch and a peice of leather and call it steak and lobster and you would not care and eat it anyway.
Very true....beat my drill instructor at the rifle range and won a Big Mac, the only problem is that I had to eat it in front of the platoon and in 3 minutes, but it was heaven.
--
September 30th, 2004  
Stafford911

About the hiting thing, is that recruits cant hit each other or instructors cant hit you. I forget which i asked but am interested in both
September 30th, 2004  
Sooners1

The D.I. can not hit you. The others with you are not suppose to be able to. I am not sayin they will or won't, but they are not suppose to be able to.
October 1st, 2004  
Lil Hulk 1988

Quote:
The D.I. can not hit you. The others with you are not suppose to be able to. I am not sayin they will or won't, but they are not suppose to be able to.
Not supposed to.....that is correct, but tempers do flare. It usually comes down to how fast you platoon becomes a team, then its a "We will show them" attitude which pulls everyone together and the infighting stops.
October 1st, 2004  
Sooners1

That is what I was tryin to say without actually sayin, if you are a dirtbag you will probably get hit.
October 1st, 2004  
Stafford911

And i know if you are hit you dont say a word. Thats unwritten code
October 1st, 2004  
Lil Hulk 1988

Quote:
That is what I was tryin to say without actually sayin, if you are a dirtbag you will probably get hit.
Yeah, I know.....you were also worried that we were going to chase everyone away
October 1st, 2004  
03USMC

Blanket Party.