Joining the Marines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hang on let me call the Commandant and advise him that per you. The Corps is wasting it's resources. And that further General a Cadet has opinoned that the training system the Corps is using and has used since 1775 is wasting resources. And lastly General Hagge you may want to instruct the Director of Recruiting to zero in on High School Chess Team Captians as they have displayed leadership and team work traits.

BTW: The Commandant only serves for 4 years. Why don't ya get yer name in the hat early send an Email to Sec Nav's office expressing interest in the job.

03USMC said:
Hang on let me call the Commandant and advise him that per you. The Corps is wasting it's resources. And that further General a Cadet has opinoned that the training system the Corps is using and has used since 1775 is wasting resources. And lastly General Hagge you may want to instruct the Director of Recruiting to zero in on High School Chess Team Captians as they have displayed leadership and team work traits.
Hey im allowed to voice my opinion.
Excuse me all I was pointing out is that with the marines not focussing on people with leadership experience and the such then they are missing out on people by just makeing them do it all over again, not trying to advise you to go pick chess team captains, like i said earlier they aint looking for the smartest thier looking for the right guy or gal.
BTW: The Commandant only serves for 4 years. Why don't ya get yer name in the hat early send an Email to Sec Nav's office expressing interest in the job.
Pity Im not going marines or want to be in the USMC, besides I was only voiceing my opinion jeez no need to go SA on me.

The military is interested in what you do _now_. That shouldn't be so difficult to understand. That applies to all branches. Being a team captain in school is of no consequence because the military is well aware that in most cases the team captain is just the most popular with some talent and may or may not know anything about being a team player. Take them out of the captain slot and how well would they perform? Probably take their ball and go home more often than not. This was certainly the case in my high school. The captain of the football team was the biggest jerk I ever met. Lorded it over everybody to no end. This is not what being on a team is about. I would trust the military to know more about building real teamwork where people's lives are on the line than some damn high schooler who's biggest accomplishment is getting in Susie Sweetheart's pants.

"Hey im allowed to voice my opinion."

mod edit: Allow me.

Yeah your allowed to voice your opinion. However this thread as become a haven of misinformation, wild a*** guess', training and selection issues. From Deppers, wannabes and youngsters who have Zero service.

Each time a Marine has posted to correct bad information or dispell outlandish sea stories another has popped up. So no I won't take it lightly.

devilwasp, you're allowed to voice your opinion but not in this particular forum. Read the announcement at the top of the forum please and I think you'll understand. You're welcome to start another thread in another forum such as Chit Chat if you like to have a discussion. PM me if you have further questions.

03USMC said:

Please do inform him, something must be done about this. We are wasting resources! I will personally go out this week and garner high school/college backgrounds from all of my Marines. Those with team sports backgrounds will be immediately promoted, regardless of TIS and preformance. We need these people to lead from the front!

:roll:

03USMC said:
Well I played Little League. Can I get a one grade bump retroactive to my enlistment date?

Give me some time, but I think with little league in your background, we can squeak you in at 0-3, you will also be flying Harriers. Obviously, you would be more than qualified.

03USMC said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm gonna be an Aviator.

Now where did I leave that stinger,hmmmmmm. :p :lol: :p

Hey, I was capt'n of my football, swimming and track teams, does three letters get you more? I'll ask LCDR M. (my new recruiter friend) if the boards in Sept care about that.....

Lil Hulk 1988 said:
Hey, I was capt'n of my football, swimming and track teams, does three letters get you more? I'll ask LCDR M. (my new recruiter friend) if the boards in Sept care about that.....

I think that might even get you a star spot on JAG the TV show. :lol:

RnderSafe said:
Lil Hulk 1988 said:

I think that might even get you a star spot on JAG the TV show. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dont you guys think you were just a little harsh on the poor kid. He is tryin his best to misinform people about the goings on with recruitin. After all without punks with absolutely no background, TIS, and thought process we would have nobody to laugh at and make fun of. Poor lost soul is all, and all you can do is jump all over them tsk tsk on all of you.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I couldnt keep it in, I tried but come on. Where in the :cen: do they come up with all this crap? Even if I was still in and some kid fresh out of boot came up and said he was Captain of the football team and he deserved to be a team leader, yeah right, "go clean the head Captain".

PFC Team Capt. " Since I was the Football Capt. in HS. I believe I'm a natural choice for gunner."

Cpl. Sooner. Ya know what a Tripod and an A- bag are? Saddle up Boot." :shock: :lol:

:eek:fftopic: didnt know a few questions would get someone banned :shock: ....and we come up with all this shit from BOOKS at school about the military...and thats all i ever read heh..

Slow yer roll High Speed. Books are fine and dandy, but they are not perfect. Do you want to know who it works in a book or in the real world?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back