Joining Either Marines Or Airforce band

Flowers

For most of my life I've been in music, and was in my HS marching band playing Tuba Baritone and Bass trombone. It's been about 8 months since I really played and practiced, but I was always kinda good.
Now being in college and unemployed and with a sick mother, times are tough so I am considering joining the Marines or Air-fore, this is not a new idea for me I always wanted to be part of the military even more part of their band.
Though I do not know how to come about it and what I need to be able to do.
I am a girl and I'm only 5'2, and I wonder if that would lessen my chances of being on the Tuba line which is my biggest dream.
I know it sounds stupid worrying about being too short but constantly being teased about my hight and the gap it left in the line, got me worrying.
Of course if I do not make it I do still plan on serving, and being on active duty.

I am a current enlisted Marine. My advice to you would be to enlist in a MOS that you will enjoy and then trying out for the band. If you do it this way and do not get accepted to the band you won't go in whatever MOS slot they have open for you.

MOS = Military Occupational Specialty or JOB

Back