Joining a different countrys military?

:Brad:

Hi ladies/gentlemen,listen iv got serious questions that I need your help on.I would love nothing more than to join the United States Marine Corp, and yes some of you Australians out there on this forum are porbably thinking god your an idiot why not join our defence force? well to be honest Im not a big fan of the ADF its just me ok. Iv taken a real good hard think about this issue to but I just dont want my familey friends disliking me because Im wanting to join a different countrys military? so whats your opinion on this ladies/gentlemen? :roll:

Brad.B.

im not quite sure but to join our military you cannot have a duel citizenship you would have to give up your australian citizenship for a US one, thats if what i remember is correct.

Just a far out what if here, if you did do this and later on The US and Australia went to war and you were captured, could you be tried with treason?

Private message me that please dude he he Iv got somthign to say to that but I dont want to say it In here.And thx dude for the USMC site iv checked the site out before very helpful and if it is hat i must do with my Australian Citizenship then thats what I have to do.

We have no marines. Just our Army is considered good enough to equal the standard of marines. Well thats what i hear.

Australia and the US are very good allies though.... I find it strange that there cant be duel citizenships.

I do know that Australians can join the British military more easily due to the commonwealth.

for some reason Aus does not allow dual citizenship with any country
or so im lead to believe

You traitorous ******. :cen: :cen: WTF don't you like the ADF? Just because we're not getting the press coverage like the marines doesn't mean we arn't doing anything. And Marines like shiny things too much.

Be easy on the guy mate. He is not a traitor for working with the allies. I wouldn't be sayign stuff like that in front of the marine guys in here as well.

Excuse me sir, Im going to ask you to keep your stupid immature comments to your self so if your going to make bad comments like that sit back and take it like a real MAN.
And for god sake respect other marines that have died for there county ok!

**** me, take a bloody joke.

I do respect the USMC. What I said was stupid

But why don't you front up like a man and give your reasons for your dislike of those who have kept you safe, have RESPECT for them.

Knock off the flaming immediately.

If you do not KNOW the answer to a question posted here, do not reply with what you THINK the answer might be, you will be banned. To know the answer you MUST have experience with the area in question, therefore those of you not in the military yet would do well to avoid posting anything but your own questions in this part of the forum. This is the only warning you will receive.

Its not a bad idea if thats what you want to do, but it will take you years to move to America and become and yank citizen.

But again, what do you find bad about the ADF? I think you are just misinformed and should ring a recruiter.

Not liking the ADF...

Its an issue of size. You can spend a number of years in the ADF and not be deployed. Whilst I am in the ADF and I'm not actively looking to rush overseas it would be nice if once in your career you get deployed to do the job you train your a$$ of at.
Marines and all American forces are much more likely to deploy. I would advise Brad to enlist in the British army, this is much easier, it can be done whilst your an Australian citizen. Look at the Aussie pilot who lost his life in Iraq whilst in the RAF.
The left wing vegetarians who seem to hold so much sway in Australia are doing their best to oppose any overseas action. The ADF whilst small should be used much more often; with so many possible deployments it seems our SF is all they really want to use.
Aussies could help out in Burma, Phillipines, Thailand just to mention a few local spots where ther is conflict against extremists.
Anyway Brad have a shot at the ADF, 4 years will fly, and then you can enlist in England and get some of your ADF service recognised. I know a guy right now who went from reservist here to the British Territorial Army (their reserves) and he could be deployed to Iraq on a 6 month rotation once he completes his training there.
Also with the ADF:don't ot knock it until you've tried it, saying that join any army you like, just make sure you want to join and you'll be happy!

Back