Joining a different countrys military?

Thats all true mahon, You can have a duel citizenship with the brits. You dont have to give up your own Passport, Or you could live here for 3 years whichever you prefer. It's easy enough to apply as well, my mate is from dublin but his in the marines (Irish guards) and has been for 5 years. He still has his irish passport. Check out http://www.royal-navy.mod.uk/, or just ring up a recruiter and they will tell you all you need to know. Brit marines have come a long way and i personally think are just as good if not better than us. No offense to any us marines in here, ye still have the better navy air corp! :p So its something i'd look into, they can also send you to university if you wanted.

FFL

Brad hit up the foreign legion, can still be Aussie citizen - just be very careful abouit re-entering Australia do not say you served as the new anti-terror laws make it illegal to serve in certain forces. But me thinks the Legion Estrange should be OK.
But I have heard of a few guys who do 5 years in the legion and they either love it or hate it, but you get to learn French.
Maybe some Yanks on here will know if you can apply for a green card on the basis you are enlisting. Only their Marines are reaching their recruiting targes at the moment. Just make sure you really want it. Lots of guys think they really want to be in the army and the first 15km pack march sees them change their minds. So many drop out after their first 2 weeks out in the weeds on ration packs...

When I was with my old unit in Dover [Kent] there were quite a few Aussies in that and they having a ball

Back