Joining the Army ?

Halldór

Alright, i´v been doing what research i can,
and i thougt that you might be able to help me,

Here is the thing, I live in iceland, and i want to join the army, and as you probly know , we don´t have an army, At best we have a few angry farmers with pitchforks,

And i did ask around, and i ( nor anyone i asked ) has ever heard of an icelandic person ever joining an army

Anywho, As far as i can find out, the only army that is willing to accpect Foreign applications without haveing to have lifed in said country for any number of years is the French Foreign legion,

I do consider that a possibility, I do wana know how ever if there is another option out there that i could take a look at ?

If so, link and information would be alot of help,

Thanks in Advance

Last edited:
PM 13:th redneck about joining US.
As for the FFL I can help out if no one else steps up.

As for the French Foreign Legion, I can point you to one very good book I have read:
http://www.amazon.com/Life-French-Foreign-Legion-Expect/dp/1555716334
The best part is that the author's email address is included and he will actually answer your individual questions. If there is anything in the book you are unsure of, email and ask. I did, and the response was very detailed and good.
He's a Canadian guy who served in the French Foreign Legion for the minimum 5 years.
I didn't join the FFL, decided to join the RoK Marines instead.
If you have specific questions regarding the US Military as a foreigner, PM me with specific questions.

Back