Joining the army with a record of anxiety

Steeltown

I am 15, and have always wanted to join the military. A couple years ago my father had been physically abusing me so I was taken to a counselor, diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder and given meds to take. I was later told by a different counselor I likely did not have the anxiety disorder and reacted like anyone my age in that situation. I am now trying to get someone to write that on my records. I will be applying for an rotc scholarship in the next couple of years. Will I need a waiver, can I even be accepted? Please help.

I am 15, and have always wanted to join the military. A couple years ago my father had been physically abusing me so I was taken to a counselor, diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder and given meds to take. I was later told by a different counselor I likely did not have the anxiety disorder and reacted like anyone my age in that situation. I am now trying to get someone to write that on my records. I will be applying for an rotc scholarship in the next couple of years. Will I need a waiver, can I even be accepted? Please help.[/QUOTE

Why can't you ask the second counselor to do that?

If you can get him or her to write it. That's great, but you are quite young and I advise you to focus on your school first. There is a time for the military when you have graduated the high school and even the college. You might change your mind about the military when you have graduated. Things happen to people, especially when they are teens.

Good Luck

Back