joining the army going in as 19 kilo what am I getting my self into

19KiloDevilDog

Basicly i could't find work anywhere, i have always wanted to seve my country, i took 2 years of NJROTC in high school. I didn't want to join the NAVY b/c i get very sea sick (didn't think thats would be the best choice), didn't want the Air Force b/c it's no fun sitting behind a desk your whole life, plus when i talked to the recruiter his big selling point on the Air Force is when you graduate out of basic you get your own apartment big whoop. Marines no affence to anyone who is a marine but I dont like the whole first line of defence, infantry, i know their are more jobs than that in the Marines but the licklyhood that you will be infantry is high. So i picked the ARMY i got to choose my MOS which is 19 kilo M1A1 armor crewman. i have heard from some people that have been in that you MOS is not garuteed, that kinda worries me b/c i dont want to be stuck as a cook noa afence to any cooks out their not my cup of tea. well any ways if their are any tankers out their or anyone with any insight for me please feal free the reply.

Hi I am also gona join 19K but im still a senior in high school so i wont be leaving until July 7th. I heard that depending on where you get stationed you will be on the M1A1, M1A1 AIMS, M1A2, Stryker, or even sometimes Infantry.

Hi I am also gona join 19K but im still a senior in high school so i wont be leaving until July 7th. I heard that depending on where you get stationed you will be on the M1A1, M1A1 AIMS, M1A2, Stryker, or even sometimes Infantry.

read my response to this post

http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/questions-about-my-mos-19-a-t1210.html

If you have any questions on 19K, ask away and congrats on your decision to be the greatest MOS in the Army :mrgreen:. I know Ft Hood is all in the news right now and stuff, but if you come down there you get to be on the most lethal tanks in the Army, the M1A2 SEP V2. Absolutely awesome. There are currently at least 5 versions of the M1 in the Army. In an effort to standardize the fleet, all M1A2s are scheduled to become SEP V2 and all A1s are either becoming A1 AIM or A1 SA (which is basically an A1 AIM with an A2 gunner sight but no CITV) but this is going to take a while.

Last edited:
Back