Joining the Army with a GED?

Phoenix

Can I join the Army with a GED? I also speack russian. im 17, and i was wondering if i can joing the army as soon as i can.:2guns:

Phoenix: You might be able to join the Army with a GED, I'm not sure. I do know that the Marines, Air Force and Navy will not accept a GED or a diploma from a charter school without college credit as well. The Marines require 2 semesters or 15 hours of college credit with a charter school diploma, I'm not sure if the same rule applies to a GED. The best thing to do is ask a recruiter. If you don't get the response you want then ask another recruiter. Be persistent. Good luck.

It has been a while but I was once a recruiter. If your ASVAB scores are high enough, your GED is legitimate (some are “store bought”) and everything else checks out (physical, moral, etc.) I would think that your language skill may get you some consideration. Like RealNavy said talk to a recruiter and don’t get discouraged, recruit requirements tend to change often.

Phoenix: You might be able to join the Army with a GED, I'm not sure. I do know that the Marines, Air Force and Navy will not accept a GED or a diploma from a charter school without college credit as well. The Marines require 2 semesters or 15 hours of college credit with a charter school diploma, I'm not sure if the same rule applies to a GED. The best thing to do is ask a recruiter. If you don't get the response you want then ask another recruiter. Be persistent. Good luck.
According to my local USMC recruiter they do accept some Tier II (GED) applicants, granted a very few, but some.

Back