Join US Army or... !?

Reinolds_LV

Hello !
First of all should tell something about me. Im 23 years old from Latvia - firefighter. I wanted to know if it is possible to join US army as a foreigner or to become a firefighter in US as a foreigner ?

You may ask why... well... its more then 1 reason and to write it all down... well mabye some other time :D

Thanks!

Last edited:
You must be a US resident to join the military here in the US.... I think you can become a fire fighter , but you have to have a work permit if you are not a resident.

If you go for any of the services, go Air Force. Their firefighter training is above the rest without a doubt.
Best thing to do is ask them if they'll take you, and if so under what conditions.

If you go for any of the services, go Air Force. Their firefighter training is above the rest without a doubt.
Best thing to do is ask them if they'll take you, and if so under what conditions.

I must take issue with your statement about the AF firefighter being the best in the Military. My father was a S. Calif. Fire Chief, he taught various college classes on firefighting and arson investigating.
I the ‘70’s he was a consultant for the DoD in revising Military Firefighting.
While there is no doubt that AF firefighting is top notch, the same is true for the Navy and Army.

Fire aboard a Naval vessel threatens the ship in many ways and the Navy trains their Damage Control people to the highest standards.

The Army, due to its great numbers of aircraft, armored and un-armored vehicles must also be greatly concerned with firefighting.

There are ways for non-citizens to enlist - Reinold you should talk to a US Military Recruiter (as dusty said) and find out where you stand.

Back