John McCain's confusion on oil and energy.

errol

Banned
http://lots-o-thoughts.blogspot.com/2008/06/john-mccains-confusion-on-oil-and.html

People on this forum who are contemplating voting Republican on the 4th of November election (and it seems quite a lot), may wish to revisit some confusing issues about John McCain on the above link.

The hyper-ventilating over Sarah Palin will have to stop soon, and Republicans will have to take a serious look at McCain's proposals on the economy.

Does John McCain really have the answers??? If he wins, American families will be hoping that he knows what he is talking about on these important issues.

http://lots-o-thoughts.blogspot.com/2008/06/john-mccains-confusion-on-oil-and.html

People on this forum who are contemplating voting Republican on the 4th of November election (and it seems quite a lot), may wish to revisit some confusing issues about John McCain on the above link.

The hyper-ventilating over Sarah Palin will have to stop soon, and Republicans will have to take a serious look at McCain's proposals on the economy.

Does John McCain really have the answers??? If he wins, American families will be hoping that he knows what he is talking about on these important issues.

I think you are a assuming people vote for an individual when in reality about 60-70% of an electorate are fixated on voting for a party and it wouldn't matter what the policies are or who was standing for them they will still vote along party lines.
I am almost prepared to bet that either party could put Bin Laden up for president and their party followers on this board would do their damnedest to sell his good points.

What Monty says is true, many people, if not most, always vote along party lines no matter who is running. However, it is the swing vote that gets people elected. They are the ones that really matter because the party line people pretty much cancel each other out.

What Monty says is true, many people, if not most, always vote along party lines no matter who is running. However, it is the swing vote that gets people elected. They are the ones that really matter because the party line people pretty much cancel each other out.
Swing Voters.

The Other Guy said:
Do remember that we aren't dealing with rational humans here, we're dealing with the politely termed "swing voters," or, as Bill Maher calls them, "*ssholes." These people have no rational thought, and go on impulse. It's how the Swift Boat ads hurt John Kerry in ,04. Swing voters saw them and said, "my god, that's bad." It didnt' matter that there was no truth to the ads. They voted for Bush because he wasn't tainted-record Kerry, never mind that Bush had a somewhat tainted record himself, because that was reported later than the first 10 minutes of the newscast, during the hard part. They saw the commercial, and went with what they saw.

So that's what happened to the popular girls after High School...

Does McCain have a good grip on these issues? He seems to be bending over backwards to please "big oil".

Does McCain have a good grip on these issues? He seems to be bending over backwards to please "big oil".

I would imagine that running for president is an expensive business and while fighting the corporate powers may score a few points with the little guys it is in the end the corporate powers that pay for these campaigns.

Another words biting the hand that feeds is rarely a good idea.

I would imagine that running for president is an expensive business and while fighting the corporate powers may score a few points with the little guys it is in the end the corporate powers that pay for these campaigns.

Another words biting the hand that feeds is rarely a good idea.

I just hope the all Americans battlling the present economic mess see through McCain's economic policy charade.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/20/opinion/20rich.html?_r=1&th&emc=th&oref=slogin

The above link is a very concise rundown on how weak McCain is on economic issues.

Last edited:
The swinging voter may do, they are generally tempted by the more tangible aspects of elections (economy, education, health etc.) but you have to remember most of the electorate made up its mind decades before this election was scheduled and it doesnt matter what McCain says he is going to do his 30-40% of the vote is already locked in (same as Obama's).

Who saw the Today Show this morning?

If you didn't, John McCain was interviewed by Matt Lauer. Here's an what happened. Lauer asked McCain explain himself about the contradiction in his latest commercial, where he talks about the struggling economy, and his speech yesterday, where he talked about the strong fundamentals of the economy.

McCain's answer? Essentially, he said that by fundamental he meant worker, and he supports the workers, the American workers are strong, I love the American workers. This is a crisis. I'll solve the problem.

No matter what question Lauer asked him, he spouted off more or less the same response. McCain also talked about how the FDIC could help save AIG and its mound of debt. The FDIC has nothing to do with the American International Group, an insurance company. No one has any money vaulted in AIG.

Let me remind you that his economic advisor was Phil Graham, the guy who helped de-regulate the market in the first place.

Umm did you miss the bit where he was a politician?

Job Description = Say lots of things that sound positive but say nothing that you can be held accountable for.

Who saw the Today Show this morning?

If you didn't, John McCain was interviewed by Matt Lauer. Here's an what happened. Lauer asked McCain explain himself about the contradiction in his latest commercial, where he talks about the struggling economy, and his speech yesterday, where he talked about the strong fundamentals of the economy.

McCain's answer? Essentially, he said that by fundamental he meant worker, and he supports the workers, the American workers are strong, I love the American workers. This is a crisis. I'll solve the problem.

As JFK told us - If it man made, man can fix it.

Back