John Kerry's real military background

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's Kerry's military career, and what did he do in Vietnam?

I haven't heard much about him.

All I know about Kerry's background is that he was an officer in Vietnam during the conflict and opposes war because of the attrocities he saw the troops commit over there. He likes to use his politics to slam the war on iraq and then when someone calls him a hypocrite or insensitive to the soldiers he whips out his military service record as if it meant something.

diplomatic_means said:
All I know about Kerry's background is that he was an officer in Vietnam during the conflict and opposes war because of the attrocities he saw the troops commit over there.

Big thing here is he SAYS he saw them, but apparently he's the only one, as no one else has backed him up, let alone any hard evidence coming to light to support his claims.
Like several columns have brought up, one: he won three Purple Hearts, a Bronze Star, and the Silver Star (which I was not aware were Naval medals as well as Army) in four months of service in Vietnam as a Lieutenant (JG). Without access to his citations, it makes the circumstances of his awards seem very suspect, and I do not believe that he could have righteously earned them. But whether or not he did, he is a disgrace considering his activities after his return home, which you can learn more about through diplomatic means' link above.
And two: if he DID happen to see these atrocities, it was his DUTY to take action against the perpetrators immediately or at the very least report them. So either he's lying (almost certainly he is), or he's a coward (which he almost certainly is again, cutting his tour short via a loophole and abandoning his men), or he was involved in the atrocities and didn't report them at the time for that reason.

Who's with who?

kerry_not_with_fonda.jpg

Is Kerry with Jane Fonda?

rumsfeld_with_saddam.jpg

Is Rumsfeld with Saddam Hussein?

Who´s heard of diplomacy?

Are you suggesting that because of a meeting, driven by the needs of the government, that Rumsfeld and Saddam were buddies?

Ironside, if you investigate that rally a little further guess who was one of the featured speakers of the day and guess who sponsored the whole rally? Go ahead, guess.

a) John Kerry
b) Jane Fonda

Kerry wasn't just sitting on the ground as a casual observer who just happened to get a prime seat near the celebrity. Kerry's not picking up any support from any of my fellow veterans that I have talked to. The ones who are supporting him are the same clowns who marched in the streets when I was fighting in the jungle. Oh I remember it very very well. Kerry is not innocent by any stretch of the imagination. Nobody in my veteran's organization speaks very highly of him if they speak about him at all.

That is incorrect.

Please, provide a link that supports that.

The infamous picture with Kerry and Fonda at the podium together was a fake. If need be, I'll prove that. Now, please provide a link to back up your statement. It's simply not true.

Former Lieutenant John Kerry was reunited with fellow Vietnam veteran Jim Rassmann, who says Kerry saved his life during combat.

On March 13, 1969, Rassmann, a Green Beret, was traveling down the Bay Hap river in a boat behind Kerry’s when both were ambushed by exploding land mines and enemy fire coming from the shore. Kerry was hit in the arm, while a mine blew Rassmann’s boat out of the water. With enemy fire coming from both sides of the river and swift boats evacuating from the area, Kerry’s crew chose to turn their boat toward the ambush to save Rassmann.

“We were still under fire, and he was wounded at the time…,” recalled Rassmann. And with his boat’s gunners providing suppressing fire, Kerry extended his wounded arm into the water and the two lieutenants locked arms.

Kerry and Rassmann have not seen each other since 1969. Yesterday, Jim Rassmann called John Kerry’s campaign headquarters and said: “I saw that John is in another tough fight, and I want to lend a hand.”

Rassmann, a retired Los Angeles county sheriff who now lives in Florence, Oregon, flew to Iowa this morning to reunite with Kerry. Kerry, with fellow veterans around him, said he was moved by Rassmann’s decision to come to Iowa.

“I remember the day and the moment we last met; the lingering bond between us comes from the shared experience of our service,” Kerry said. “I told Jim what I tell the thousands of veterans I have met in Iowa: As president, I will never—ever—forget your service.” Kerry added.

For Kerry’s bravery, Rassmann recommended that he be recognized, and Kerry was awarded the Bronze Star with Combat V. The citation that followed the award read as follows:

“The man was receiving sniper fire from both banks. Lt. Kerry directed his gunners to provide suppressing fire, while from an exposed position on the bow, his arm bleeding and in pain, with disregard for his personal safety, he pulled the man aboard.

Lt. Kerry then directed his boat to return and assist the other damaged craft and towed the boat to safety. Lt. Kerry's calmness, professionalism and great personal courage under fire were in keeping with the highest traditions of the US Naval Service.”

Ironside said:
RnderSafe, and this is the kind of guy, that what? ;)

Ironside, I haven't even posted in this thread. Get it together so I can have a clue as to what you are attempting to talk about. If you wish to see my opinions on Kerry, they are posted in various other threads throughout the forum. SEARCH. And for God sakes man, stop winking at me .. I'm married.

John Kerry's Vietnam Medals

ss.gif

bsm.gif

ph.gif

ph.gif

ph.gif

===========================

George Bush's Vietnam Medals
N/A

How dare anybody question Kerry's military service while supporting Bush! :roll:

George Bush's Vietnam Medals
N/A

How dare anybody question Kerry's military service while supporting Bush!

Hey, let's you and I compare medals - see who is the better person, since that [medals] is obviously what makes a person honorable! :roll:

I wanted to go to Nam but, I was too young. My father did two tours there. Bush jumped about 500 others to duck Nam, somebody had to go in his place.

Kerry volunteered for Nam. He's Honorable and doesn't deserve having his service questioned because Bush's whereabouts are unknown. I don't even care about the Alabama part. It's ducking Nam in the first place that bothers me.

Then he's so quick to send our troops into Iraq.

missionaccomplished.jpg

Then He's so quick to announce the end of major combat. As if he knows what major combat is.

Announcing the end of major combat when he did was a smack in the face of every service man and woman in Iraq today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back