John Kerry's real military background

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you wish to discuss this rationally then please don't say things like
My point in my earlier post was, who’s worse? Saddam Hussein or Jane “Hanoi” Fonda?
The facts of that rally were and still are that both Fonda and Kerry were featured speakers. The VVAW sponsored that circus. "Kerry was a co-founder of VVAW, and he was its public face."
http://www.danford.net/kerry.htm

"Kerry regularly mentions his Vietnam War combat experience, during which he received three Purple Hearts, the Silver Star and Bronze Star. However, the Massachusetts Democrat doesn't like to talk much about how he received the awards or the time after he returned home when he was rubbing shoulders with Hanoi Jane Fonda as a much-celebrated organizer for Vietnam Veterans Against the War (VVAW), one of America's most radical pro-communist groups. "
http://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnkerry.com/

" The same record Mr. Kerry wields as evidence of his leadership abilities is also used by his harshest critics, who question the severity of the injuries he used to get sent home early and the five medals he garnered in five months.
"If I got three Purple Hearts for three scratches, I'd be embarrassed," said Ted Sampley, who fought in Vietnam and publishes U.S. Veteran Dispatch. He remembers soldiers turning away awards for minor injuries.
Mr. Kerry has said none of his Purple Heart injuries, only one of which removed him from the field for two days, was critical.
After his third Purple Heart, Mr. Kerry requested and was granted permission to return to the United States to work behind a desk in New York. Even while still a Navy man, he began traveling to antiwar rallies with leading war protesters such as Adam Walinsky, a former speechwriter for Robert F. Kennedy."
http://www.washtimes.com/national/20040219-115623-9539r.htm

This could go on and on but what is the point? You have your views and I have mine and we're not going to change each other's minds now are we?

DTop:
If you wish to discuss this rationally then please don't say things like
“My point in my earlier post was, who’s worse? Saddam Hussein or Jane “Hanoi” Fonda?”

That’s fair. I can respect that and I apologize if it offended you in any way.

While we on that topic, I ask you please avoid comments like “Listen up I'm going to make as simple as I can for you…”

That too would be appreciated. :)

Now, where were we? Oh yeah…

The facts of that rally were and still are that both Fonda and Kerry were featured speakers. The VVAW sponsored that circus. "Kerry was a co-founder of VVAW, and he was its public face."
http://www.danford.net/kerry.htm

And? This source he is biased. You were doing better with CNN.

"Kerry regularly mentions his Vietnam War combat experience, during which he received three Purple Hearts, the Silver Star and Bronze Star. However, the Massachusetts Democrat doesn't like to talk much about how he received the awards or the time after he returned home when he was rubbing shoulders with Hanoi Jane Fonda as a much-celebrated organizer for Vietnam Veterans Against the War (VVAW), one of America's most radical pro-communist groups. "
vietnamveteransagainstjohnkerry.com/

Is this what “Military Forum” calls a credible source? WOW! Sorry, I didn’t bother to read anything here. I happened to see the link first. You should here what McCain has to say about Ted Sampley a founder of that organization. PUH-LEEZE!

" The same record Mr. Kerry wields as evidence of his leadership abilities is also used by his harshest critics, who question the severity of the injuries he used to get sent home early and the five medals he garnered in five months.
"If I got three Purple Hearts for three scratches, I'd be embarrassed," said Ted Sampley, who fought in Vietnam and publishes U.S. Veteran Dispatch. He remembers soldiers turning away awards for minor injuries.
Mr. Kerry has said none of his Purple Heart injuries, only one of which removed him from the field for two days, was critical.
After his third Purple Heart, Mr. Kerry requested and was granted permission to return to the United States to work behind a desk in New York. Even while still a Navy man, he began traveling to antiwar rallies with leading war protesters such as Adam Walinsky, a former speechwriter for Robert F. Kennedy."
http://www.washtimes.com/national/20040219-115623-9539r.htm

Ah, LOL, and here it is a quote from Mr. Sampley himself. The same guy that trashed McCain during the Republican Primary of 2000. It happens John McCain is who I wanted for President in 2000.

This could go on and on but what is the point? You have your views and I have mine and we're not going to change each other's minds now are we?

No but the discussions are sure interesting and ya never know who’s mind one of our views may change. Right? It’s a thread we came into to, read, and replied. Nobody told us to. We did it on our own. I never thought I’d change your mind. I post hoping anybody that’s undecided can be swayed by my discussion. It has worked in the past. I own an active forum, too. That’s why I can't post here as often as I would like. But, this has become a forum I like. We’ll see how long you (people in general) can handle my views here. :)

Ironside said:
I post hoping anybody that’s undecided can be swayed by my discussion.

You best start "discussing" then, because thus far the ONLY thing I have seen you do is poo-poo everyone else's opinion (and the facts laid out with various sources) and insult our President. Not the most convincing rhetoric I've ever run across, to say the least.

Ironside said:
. But, this has become a forum I like. We’ll see how long you (people in general) can handle my views here. :)

Good to hear that you like it, and we have handled worse cases than you before.. ;)

But I'm locking this one for now, I don't like the way it's turning..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back