John Kerry's real military background

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kerry volunteered for Nam. He's Honorable and doesn't deserve having his service questioned because Bush's whereabouts are unknown. I don't even care about the Alabama part. It's ducking Nam in the first place that bothers me.

Since your previous comments have been directed at me .. I would like for you to show me where I have questioned Kerry's service in Vietnam. My issues with Kerry, and the reasons I find him to be a pathetic weasel of epic proportions are not hiding on this site.

As for "I wanted to go to Nam but I was too young." So what? That doesn't count for anything. It doesn't add to your character. I wanted to go to the colonies during the American Rev war, but .....

You are coming dangerously close in your posts to backing up Kerry's claim that National Guard service is on par with dodging the real responsibilities and sacrifice of service (in his day "Draft dodging"). I suggest you tread lightly there, my friend.

I haven't seen a post where you've introduced yourself. Why don't you give me a bit of background as to your service - it will be helpful in finding common ground with you.

Marksman said:
Ssup with the Kery guy looks to be a nice guy :?

Read the posts in this (and several other threads) to find out why he is not a "nice guy." (Actually, he may be a friendly guy, I don't know him, but he is 100% unsuited to be President in my opinion.)

Those medals don't make John Kerry qualified for anything other than receiving medals. I was in Vietnam when Kerry was back here accusing us of attrocities. How dare he? What he did in his brown water Naval service is on his own conscience and I say let him face the responsibilities of his own actions or misactions in free fire zones and leave the rest of us out of it. He obviously has demons he has never come to terms with. But guess what? That's his problem.
All I know is that I never threw any of my medals (or was that ribbons) away. I didn't even pretend to throw my medals away by throwing someone else's away and then displaying my own on my office wall. I also know that Bush couldn't have "jumped" anyone to get into the guard. There was never any numbered waiting list to get into the guard. That's not how it worked back then. Maybe he used some family member or friend's influence to get a slot, I don't know, but he wasn't alone. He didn't flee the country and of course he has no Vietnam service medal, he wasn't there. So what? Were you so offended that Clinton turned tail and ran to Europe when it was his time to serve? I wonder.
If Kerry is such a war hero why then did so many Vietnam vets turn their backs on him when he ponitificated at the Vietnam Memorial on Veterans Day? I'll tell you why. They remembered Kerry as the antiwar activist who testified before Congress during the war, accusing veterans of being war criminals. The dust jacket of Mr. Kerry's pro-Hanoi book, "The New Soldier," features a photograph of his ragged band of radicals mocking the US Marine Corps Memorial, which depicts the flag-raising on Iwo Jima, with an upside-down American flag. Do you remember that?
Retired Gen. George S. Patton III charged that Mr. Kerry's actions as an antiwar activist had "given aid and comfort to the enemy," as had the actions of Ramsey Clark and Jane Fonda.
Long after he changed sides in congressional hearings, Mr. Kerry lobbied for renewed trade relations with Hanoi. At the same time, his cousin C. Stewart Forbes, chief executive for Colliers International, assisted in brokering a $905 million deal to develop a deep-sea port at Vung Tau, Vietnam - an odd coincidence? I think not.
That's just a sample of who Mr. Kerry is. Yes, I do come from the same state as Mr. Kerry and have been subjected to his horse crap for a long time. The choice, of course, is yours but as you make the choice of a candidate for president keep this in mind. Mr. Kerry has fought harder for Hanoi as an antiwar activist and a senator than he did against the Vietnamese communists while serving in the Navy in Vietnam.

Ironside said:
That is incorrect.

Please, provide a link that supports that.

The infamous picture with Kerry and Fonda at the podium together was a fake. If need be, I'll prove that. Now, please provide a link to back up your statement. It's simply not true.

That particular picture has been proven to be real.

However, it may be this one that your'e thinking of that has been proven false (rather easily, I might add).

This stuff here's working as a big eyeopener to me as far as Kerry's concerned. But I would like to know what was the reason why Bush didn't go to Nam. I'm serious coz I dunno about that. thanks.

Ironsides was confusing the picture I referred to showing Kerry sitting behind Hanoi Jane at the rally (which he posted himself) with another one that was not real showing Kerry and Fonda side by side the podium at the same rally. That's why I didn't respond because none was needed. How could I provide a link to something I wasn't talking about? Of course the picture I was talking about is real, it's as simple as that. :D

ItalianGuy4US said:
This stuff here's working as a big eyeopener to me as far as Kerry's concerned. But I would like to know what was the reason why Bush didn't go to Nam. I'm serious coz I dunno about that. thanks.

President Bush might have not GONE to Vietnam, but he served during the war stateside, he was in the Air National Guard as a pilot.

Meaning (correct me if I'm wrong) that his unit could have been sent to Iraq, but the government didn't see the need. Bush was sitting in a cockpit ready to go. The government just never sent him.

And if Kerry threw his medals, or ribbons, or whatever he's calling them today, away, then where does he get the right to brag about winning them. If he hates what they stand for, how can he righteously use them for personal gain?! The man is a hypocritical washed-up squid that has a lust for power.

DTop said:
Ironside, if you investigate that rally a little further guess who was one of the featured speakers of the day and guess who sponsored the whole rally? Go ahead, guess.

a) John Kerry
b) Jane Fonda

Kerry wasn't just sitting on the ground as a casual observer who just happened to get a prime seat near the celebrity. Kerry's not picking up any support from any of my fellow veterans that I have talked to. The ones who are supporting him are the same clowns who marched in the streets when I was fighting in the jungle. Oh I remember it very very well. Kerry is not innocent by any stretch of the imagination. Nobody in my veteran's organization speaks very highly of him if they speak about him at all.

Ok, investigation is complete.

Now your source, please?

The bottom line is he's a war hero that risked his life fighting for our country. George Bush used family influenece to duck the war and jumped 500 other names to join that champaign unit in Texas.

Bush was brave, however, in sending our troops into battle on flawed intel and ill-prepared, then has the nerve to blame Kerry for not voting for the $87 billion, most of which would have gone to rebuild Iraq.

nokerryinthepark.jpg

nofonda.jpg

kerryfonda.jpg

I've noticed the Mods here closed a thread about the polls and Bush trailing in them. They squelched the discussion about Barbara Bush not wanting to pollute her "beautiful mind" with images of the Iraq war dead.

Both true and correct reports.

They are constantly wanting proof and links about such stories.

Yet, they don't seem to mind when Kerry is slandered here.

Kinda interesting, eh? ;)

Well, we are trying to keep an eye on things, but any post with out sources should be reported to us and we will deal with it. Oh, and you are off-toppic.

Come on Ironside. Did you actually read what I posted? Listen up I'm going to make as simple as I can for you:

1. John Kerry did speak at that rally.
2. Hanoi Jane was a sponsor of that rally.
3. That is John Kerry sitting behind Hanoi Jane at that rally in the picture.

I don't know why you brought that other picture of them standing together into it. Yes it was you who brought up that picture, remember?
My source? How about CNN? Good enough for you?
http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/02/11/elec04.prez.kerry.fonda/

No? How about Kerry's own campaign site? "Returning from Southeast Asia, Kerry joined the anti-war effort. He even spoke at a rally that also featured actress Jane Fonda -- better known then as "Hanoi Jane" because of her activities as a peace zealot.
http://www.johnkerry.com/pressroom/clips/news_2004_0226f.html

Here's a quote for you "Rep. Sam Johnson, R-Texas, who was a prisoner of war in Vietnam, told the Washington Times that Kerry's attendance at the rally with Fonda "symbolizes how two-faced he is, talking about his war reputation, which is questionable on the one hand, and then coming out against our veterans who were fighting over there on the other."

I guess your investigation wasn't so complete was it? Live in denial if you like but don't try to attribute false pictures to me if you please.
I think the mods are merely trying to keep the peace here but you just won't let it be.
This is no Kerry slander it's rough but it's just the truth.
Believe whatever you want, vote for whomever you want. I fought for your right to do so.

Ironside said:
I've noticed the Mods here closed a thread about the polls and Bush trailing in them. They squelched the discussion about Barbara Bush not wanting to pollute her "beautiful mind" with images of the Iraq war dead.

Both true and correct reports.

They are constantly wanting proof and links about such stories.

Yet, they don't seem to mind when Kerry is slandered here.

Kinda interesting, eh? ;)

DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT start making claims or insinuations about censorship here. Here is a link that should help you understand what censorship is (i.e. a definition): http://www.hyperdictionary.com/search.aspx?define=censorship

Links supporting any position of our own in this thread that were not solely opinion were backed up with links/sources every time.
If you have any further problems with this, send me a PM, but DO NOT, I say again, DO NOT, post another "woe is me" message on the boards.

DTop said:
Come on Ironside. Did you actually read what I posted? Listen up I'm going to make as simple as I can for you:

1. John Kerry did speak at that rally.
2. Hanoi Jane was a sponsor of that rally.
3. That is John Kerry sitting behind Hanoi Jane at that rally in the picture.

I don't know why you brought that other picture of them standing together into it. Yes it was you who brought up that picture, remember?
My source? How about CNN? Good enough for you?
http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/02/11/elec04.prez.kerry.fonda/

No? How about Kerry's own campaign site? "Returning from Southeast Asia, Kerry joined the anti-war effort. He even spoke at a rally that also featured actress Jane Fonda -- better known then as "Hanoi Jane" because of her activities as a peace zealot.
http://www.johnkerry.com/pressroom/clips/news_2004_0226f.html

Here's a quote for you "Rep. Sam Johnson, R-Texas, who was a prisoner of war in Vietnam, told the Washington Times that Kerry's attendance at the rally with Fonda "symbolizes how two-faced he is, talking about his war reputation, which is questionable on the one hand, and then coming out against our veterans who were fighting over there on the other."

I guess your investigation wasn't so complete was it? Live in denial if you like but don't try to attribute false pictures to me if you please.
I think the mods are merely trying to keep the peace here but you just won't let it be.
This is no Kerry slander it's rough but it's just the truth.
Believe whatever you want, vote for whomever you want. I fought for your right to do so.

Seems like you've been had Ironside.

DTop…

I guess what I didn’t know, and would like you to link me to, is that Fonda “sponsored” that rally. Or, that he and she had any connection other than attending a same rally... before John Kerry was a Senator. I see nothing about that in either article you’re linked to. We all know they were at the same rally, that’s my post with the picture a page or two back. I didn’t know they had any connection other than attending it. That’s why I posted that podium picture to make sure nobody was confusing that, to any facts.

DTop:
Ironside, if you investigate that rally a little further guess who was one of the featured speakers of the day and guess who sponsored the whole rally? Go ahead, guess.

a) John Kerry
b) Jane Fonda

I figure you’re saying, since we know “a” spoke, “b” must have sponsored it. No? Got a link to that?

Even if so, so what? That was two years before she went to Hanoi. According to Fonda (reported in your source) she didn’t formally meet Kerry until he was a Senator and she was with Ted Turner.

My point in my earlier post was, who’s worse? Saddam Hussein or Jane “Hanoi” Fonda?
I don’t care for what she did either. It was wrong to go to Hanoi. It was stupid and Un-American!

What's worse?
rumsfeld_with_saddam.jpg

Rumsfeld and Company helping Saddam Hussein obtain CWMD.

Or…

kerry_not_with_fonda.jpg

John Kerry 3 or 4 rows behind Fonda at an anti-war rally. Protesting a war in which I may remind you, George Bush elected not to attend. A war in which John Kerry saved at least one American life.

And comparing the military services of Bush and Kerry would be lots-0-fun.
As our fearless Leader once said, “Bring it on!”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back