John Kerry

In all cases I think the personnel can be considered to be responding to a comment made about them personally.

Me? I would say that each of the participated in a botched joke and issue an apology to Jon Carry as in the following:

As a combat veteran, I want to make it clear to anyone in politics and to their loved ones: my poorly stated joke in response to a poorly stated joke, and never intended to refer to any politician.

I sincerely regret that my sign was misinterpreted to wrongly imply anything negative about those in politics, and I personally apologize to any politician, family member, or American who was offended.

It is clear the Democratic Party would rather talk about anything but their failed junior Senator from Mass. I don’t want my sign to be a diversion from the real issues what ever they may be.

Considering the soldiers are not available for comment I would like to issue this statement on their behalf.

This advertisement has not been approved nor has it been reviewed by the democratic national party nor any of it's candidates.

Be that as it may. The directive states what it states. I can say "With all due respect sir, you are an ass". Even if it was said with all due respect, the fact remains that I did call him an ass and it is considered disrespectful. I do not disagree with their comments/actions. You just asked if anyone could see any part of the directive that could or would apply to this scenario.

I do not see them getting in trouble for doing this, but you never know.

Hence the tradition of calling some officers "sir" spelled with a "c".
:)

It reminds me of my grandpa... he earned a brief respite from the fighting in the Phillipines when he and a couple fellow soldiers strung up a sign for Gen MacArthur...

"Welcome Dug-Out Doug!"

Last edited:
Marinerhodes

Dang, and I thought you'd comment about the "statement" issued on behalf of the guys in Irak!!!

I honestly hope that if someone determines that they should be held to account that level heads prevail. Kerry has always been a military detractor and I don't see anyone ever feeling sorry for him. I know I will never feel sorry when he sticks his foot in his mouth...or other parts.

Last edited:
Marinerhodes

Dang, and I thought you'd comment about the "statement" issued on behalf of the guys in Irak!!!

I honestly hope that if someone determines that they should be held to account that level heads prevail. Kerry has always been a military detractor and I don't see anyone ever feeling sorry for him. I know I will never feel sorry when he sticks his foot in his mouth...or other parts.

I took the "apology" as a tongue in cheek type LOL.

Back