John Bolton on Ahmadinejad and the UN

Infern0 Let's stay on topic here and not stray.
The point was what John Bolton had to say and I think that's some excellent analysis from a person who understands international politics.

On that other note though, yes I agree. This is why I bust my ass to try to get my actions to match my words. It's very hard, especially when you're not a legal resident. Very hard. Very stressful. But I need to earn the right to talk right? Unfortunately reporters talk about things they have no knowledge to talk about.
I know people say speech should be free, but personally I believe that you have to pay for every word you say.

But let's stay on topic.
I think he made a good point about how this was used not for the American audience, but for the Iranian audience... perhaps the Al Jazeera audience even.

I tend to agree I think that is one of the better Bolton interviews (however I would love to strangle the interviewer) as far as who the speech was directed at I think its very clear that it was for the home audience as I seriously doubt he expected to fill the Cinderella at the ball role in the USA.

Oddly enough I think this was a well staged event on behalf of Ahmadinejad one he couldn't lose the worst case scenario for him is that no one would protest and he would be ignored, now he can go home put the usual political spin on things and come out looking good to the Arab world.

Basically he has become the Paris Hilton of world politics, no one likes him everyone says he is a poor role model and yet his face is in every newspaper and celebrity (political) worldwide.

I meant the male interviewer, he does nothing but talk over top of the people he interviews and has a voice that has the same effect of fingernails on a blackboard but she really wasn't a lot better either the whole stuttering and stammering thing thing just got annoying.

Hannity and Colmes... come on it's such a friggin' mismatch it's a joke.

I saw the guy's face giving a speech at Columbia University on the front page of an Austrian newspaper here.

If he was ridiculed and booed, the footage can be shown to tell the people in Iran how little manners and respect the Americans have for a president of a country.
If he was applauded like crazy, it would show those back in Iran that his logic flies in the US as well.
Either way... he wins. It was a great photo op.
When the dust settles down on all this, I hope people are smart enough to learn from what these Iranians are doing. I know they're the bad guys but these guys are smart and they're playing their cards masterfully. They're gonna be some really tough customers.

Hannity and Colmes... come on it's such a friggin' mismatch it's a joke.

I saw the guy's face giving a speech at Columbia University on the front page of an Austrian newspaper here.

If he was ridiculed and booed, the footage can be shown to tell the people in Iran how little manners and respect the Americans have for a president of a country.
If he was applauded like crazy, it would show those back in Iran that his logic flies in the US as well.
Either way... he wins. It was a great photo op.
When the dust settles down on all this, I hope people are smart enough to learn from what these Iranians are doing. I know they're the bad guys but these guys are smart and they're playing their cards masterfully. They're gonna be some really tough customers.

I agree, it was a scenario in which the only way he could have lost was to have had no one take any notice of him (no protests, no one at the auditorium and a quick drive by of ground zero on his way to the UN) follow international law let him do his UN thing and pack him on a plane home.

I meant the male interviewer, he does nothing but talk over top of the people he interviews and has a voice that has the same effect of fingernails on a blackboard but she really wasn't a lot better either the whole stuttering and stammering thing thing just got annoying.

Oh.... Whatever, I wouldn't strangle him either. I am no fan of Hannity but he makes sense way better than the other idiot sitting in the left side.

I suggest if you really want to hear some good quality conservative viewpoints then check www.KRLA870.com

But that's about as likely as ... nah that's just about the most unlikely thing ever.

Indeed thats why I said it was a scenario he couldn't lose and as you said he was smart enough to know it.

The only thing the US could have done was minimise the damage.

The only thing the US could have done was not let him have audience at an American University.
Geez... isn't there a team that just watches what these guys do and analyze the consequences of what their actions could be? I mean... that's what I'd do.

The only thing the US could have done was not let him have audience at an American University.
Geez... isn't there a team that just watches what these guys do and analyze the consequences of what their actions could be? I mean... that's what I'd do.

I have been watching the Iranian regime media since monday. US was humiliated by the regime. Sorry, but US lost by just allowing him to speak his crazy mind.

Any way, the guy who originally initiated the whole thing, professor Dabashi of Columbia University, is a retired communist and he is the one who persuaded the dean of Columbia to invite this tiny dictator

Infern0 Let's stay on topic here and not stray.
The point was what John Bolton had to say and I think that's some excellent analysis from a person who understands international politics.

Bolton once said the that 10 of the 38 Floors at the United Nations could be destroyed, and it would not matter at all, so, Bolton sounds more like a Terrorist.

Bolton against the World.... That does not sound like a person who understands International Politics, in the end the World wins, Bolton loses.

To be fair he has to be anti-UN to cover for his failures there.
He started out as the man that was going to bring the UN back to the US sphere of influence but seems to have manage to get himself completely overlooked.

Bolton was anti-UN before he got the job there.... which is par for the course with this Administration.
The World is moving on without us (US).

Back