JIFFY LUBE FOR HONESTY??

I use local people that I know personally for maintenance and a local auto mechanic shop whose owner is a friend for big jobs.

My best friend went there for 3 years spending around $4,000 dollars. She moved to Denver and took her car in for her yearly check-up. Two different places told her that if she drove her car one more year the way it was, that it would have blown the engine. They said Jiffy screwed up her car horribly and her finally cost from that was around $4,000. She checked 3 different places and all said the exact same thing. Sucks to be her....

That's why either my Dad or I only fix my car.

Those neighborhood mechanics can shaft you pretty bad too though.
In many countries (hopefully not the US) they replace genuine parts in your car with fakes and sell the originals somewhere else.

It happened to my good friend's van; he took his van to Jiffy Lube for the oil change after few minutes, he paid for the oil change and left the Lube until the engine started to fire after a few miles. Know why? Cause the Lube didn't put the oil into the van.

this is why i go a local auto shop where the guys working there actually take pains to take you onto the shop floor to show and explain what they are doing on your car.

fortunately for me i understand enought the workings of the common automobile, but yeah, i can see how some dishonest people could take advantage of the whole trust thing.

they can show you the color of a fluid and tell you your car is going to die, yet, it is ok. they put fear into you so you spend money.

NOBODY works on my truck but me. Nobody.

If I have no idea what I am doing, I call a mechanic buddy. He knows that if pizza and beer is on the menu, chances are I need to pick his brain.

What can I say, you can expect companies to act unethically to make a buck, but this is outrageous.

This is also why I do my own oil changes and know basic car care, and why I use local guys I can trust.

Back