JIFFY LUBE FOR HONESTY?? - Page 2

--
Boots

March 6th, 2008  
Fox

It happened to my good friend's van; he took his van to Jiffy Lube for the oil change after few minutes, he paid for the oil change and left the Lube until the engine started to fire after a few miles. Know why? Cause the Lube didn't put the oil into the van.
March 6th, 2008  
bigcanada813

this is why i go a local auto shop where the guys working there actually take pains to take you onto the shop floor to show and explain what they are doing on your car.
March 6th, 2008  
Team Infidel

yeah, but if you don't know anything about your car, they could be scamming you just the same.....
--
Boots
March 6th, 2008  
bigcanada813

fortunately for me i understand enought the workings of the common automobile, but yeah, i can see how some dishonest people could take advantage of the whole trust thing.
March 6th, 2008  
Team Infidel

they can show you the color of a fluid and tell you your car is going to die, yet, it is ok. they put fear into you so you spend money.
March 6th, 2008  
AZ_Infantry

NOBODY works on my truck but me. Nobody.

If I have no idea what I am doing, I call a mechanic buddy. He knows that if pizza and beer is on the menu, chances are I need to pick his brain.
March 6th, 2008  
deerslayer

What can I say, you can expect companies to act unethically to make a buck, but this is outrageous.

This is also why I do my own oil changes and know basic car care, and why I use local guys I can trust.
March 7th, 2008  
A Can of Man

Another skill to learn.
March 7th, 2008  
Team Infidel

yeah, well i USED to use jiffy theives.... no mas