JFK

thats what the article is talking about in my post directly above yours!!!

as i said, some people have no respect and no sense of taste at all. ffs, let the man rest in peace

I heard about that new game on CNN, they had Oliver Stone talking about it. I honestly think they have gone crazy with some of these games.

In one of my high school classes I attempted to write my thesis on the JFK assassination. To put it simply, there was so much conspiracy theory and false documentation on the subject it made the entire paper almost pointless. All it did was raise more questions. I spent six months researching the internet and books and all kinds of other papers, but found no answer. It didn't surprise me, but it sure did frustrate me. Honestly, by the end I didn't know what was the truth and who was lying or just didn't know what they were talking about.

were you expecting a large US outcry for the real killer? :)

there is a new on going investigation, i can't remember by who, that is going through newly released documents about JFK and the assassination. there are tons, and i mean that literally, of files they have to sort through and they said if they find anything, don't expect it to be a clean and clear response, let alone within the next couple of years.

I saw a thing for JFK Reloaded on the news, and how contraversial it is. am honestly split between the matter.

I saw a thing for JFK Reloaded on the news, and how contraversial it is. am honestly split between the matter.

Has anyone played it?

Is it good? Cause I would love to play it but wont out of respect i think

Well, I remember playing Silent Scope at a an arcade once, the president was at a football game and was "kidnapped" and they guy was running accross the field with the president over his shoulder. My First problem, even if it is a game I did not like shooting at or near the president, and second, how much could this guy squat lift?!?!? I think Bush is one of our smaller presidents and I bet that any assassin or kidnapper would even have problems picking him up and running across a field, away from the Secret Service (That was close, I almost put SS as abbreviations, oops.) and away from two football teams who chase each other down and tacle each other for a living, and yet I had to try and shoot the guy from the nosebleeds as he was running perpendicular to me? Not fair.

Oh yeah, I used to believe in the conspiracy theory, then I took a look at the facts and realised that contrary to what most people seem to think Oswald was more than capable to shoot the president from 88 yards with the weapon of his choosing, which I believe was the same he trained with in the Marines.

I think Lee Harvey Oswald (LHO) could have done it. But I ask why he waited so long and took such a difficult shot. If you look at the angle he shot it he could have made things easier if he shot the prez when he was coming straight down the straight towards him. He wouldn't have to worry about a target moving away from him at a funny angle. Then there was why did LHO hide after the shooting? It's like OJ running away and claiming he did nothing wrong. Also, why was LHO shot before his trial? It makes sense that there could have been more than one shooter though. How do you explain JFKs head jerk towards the back of the car from being shot from behind him? Like I said, tons of questions, no answers, too much conspiracy theory.

It makes me wonder what things would be if he did survive. How would the country be different? The Cold War? etc...

Maybe he waited for the Pres to be far enough away that it wasnt obvious where the shot came from, and it was said he had an amazing shit, so the angle wouldnt have bothered him so much, and maybe he ran away so that he didnt get caught and sentenced to death? thats reason enough for me. Also, I thought OJ did run away and said he didnt do anything? And LHO was shot before the trail because apparantly the guy who shot him (cant remember his name) was a strong supporter of the pres and wanted revenge.

And I heard there were 2 shoooters, the other one just wasnt caught at all....

But can this be compared to , lets say medal of honour.

One could say thats disrespecting War heros. You get my point.

Should it be ok to play this game?

beardo said:
Maybe he waited for the Pres to be far enough away that it wasnt obvious where the shot came from, and it was said he had an amazing shit, so the angle wouldnt have bothered him so much, and maybe he ran away so that he didnt get caught and sentenced to death? thats reason enough for me. Also, I thought OJ did run away and said he didnt do anything? And LHO was shot before the trail because apparantly the guy who shot him (cant remember his name) was a strong supporter of the pres and wanted revenge.

And I heard there were 2 shoooters, the other one just wasnt caught at all....
the shot wasn't from very far away (like someone said 88yrds) and the SS would have scoured the area anyway. a less obvious area to shoot from would have been from the bushes, not a building with an obvious advantage and view over the area. the guy how shot LHO, Jack Ruby, had connections with the mob and all of this other junk which only made things more confusing. JFK had various connections with mob members also, so it could be passed off as a revenge killing. but why kill him before trial to find out all the facts?

there are plenty of multiple shooter theories because there is an on going opinion that LHO couldn't have fired that many accurate and quick shots at a moving target. testing has shown that it's possible, but even with an expert marksman it proved difficult. of course that all assumed the rifle was working perfectly, which some find hard to believe. the rifle in question was a 6.5 mm Mannlicher-Carcano bolt-action rifle which is known to jam up. in fact, during the testing done by the History Channel it jammed numerous times during the re-enactments. i'm not trying to assert my own theory on the mess, just bring up the facts and keep things clear.

Here's a thought for you regarding JFK Reloaded.

The man still has family alive including a daughter and a brother and sisters. How would you feel if there was a game out that showed your dad or brother getting his brains blown out? Probably not too thrilled I should imagine. People need to think about that before they go making dumbass games that serve no purpose.

but by the same token there are many war sim games out there. i had relatives that fought in the pacific theatre but i don't get bent out of shape with the latest medal of honour game.

JFK reloaded was made to stimulate debate on the aniversary of the assasination, and what do you know? here we are debating it!

Back