Jews vs Selucids

victortsoi

The holiday of hanuka is actually a commemoration of jewish guerrila war vs the selucid empire.
does anyone know the general order of battle and equipment of both sides?
thank you for your help

how many times have i said this to you people, a while back another post on the forum asked how the jews were victorius so much, or something like that, me and GOTR both said that it was because they were God's chosen people, and he choose to protect, as much as many of you disbelieve, it is true.

I would also have to go with Rocco in saying that their type of troops were militia

jason no offence, but using the bible, torah or koran for the type of issues being discussed in this thread isnt exactly credible IMHO. Use it on a political forum, and you would be getting lots of grief. ive seen it before...

Jason Bourne said:
how many times have i said this to you people, a while back another post on the forum asked how the jews were victorius so much, or something like that, me and GOTR both said that it was because they were God's chosen people, and he choose to protect, as much as many of you disbelieve, it is true.

We could counter with "Then why did god allow over 6 million of your people to be killed during WWII?"

In America we claim many of the same things about our history, and that is only 230 some odd years, "One Nation, Under God." Every state constitution contains some sort of reference to god in it's opening paragraph's as does the Constitution.

Jews have not been treated as nicely as so many people like to think, they have not had the easy road, they were oppressed for thousands of years by foreign rulers and expelled from their homeland. If they truly were god's chosen people then I would think they would at least have had a safe refuge, which is kind of what Israel has come to be today.

But why is there so much anti-jewish (anti-semitic is actually a slam against Arabs too.) hatred in the world? Seriously, not to be racist but just because Jews have always believed in the importance of knowledge and protecting their own history does not mean they should be hated, they just made a commitment to make sure their culture did not die and in the process they have had a major impact on the world. I have only known a couple of jews (I hate using that term, I always equate it with the Nazi's and assume it is a racist term) in my entire life but I never would have known if they did not tell me they were jewish, they are just people like you and me, as much as many of you disbelieve, it is true.

Damien435 said:
Jason Bourne said:

There is a common mistake how many interpretations made for the meaning of "the chosen people". No one, not God, Jews or any other Real believer say that Jews are better than others because God said so. But it is an historical fact that Jews were the first to believe in God – Monotheism – as we call it. Religious experts refer to it as the God have chosen the Jews to bring his belief, Gospel, Karma etc, upon the earth, for the benefit of all human kind. That's all, and nothing more.

Jason Bourne said:
how many times have i said this to you people, a while back another post on the forum asked how the jews were victorius so much, or something like that, me and GOTR both said that it was because they were God's chosen people, and he choose to protect, as

In one of your previous posts you wrote that people at your school make a mockery of you because of your beliefs. I felt sorry for you then...now I know why.

i personally, as a jew, believe god had some sort of role in the maccabean rebellion but he did not help because we were "his people" but because at the time we deserved his help for various reasons.
thats very much a theological debate and besides the point, im curious as to how the judean army/irregulars were armed/trained at this time. thats all.

Back