Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Civil War.

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • The Women are invading.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The Martians are invading.

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
it's starting to REALLY drag out. they need to get on with the program or they will start to loose a lot of viewers.

I think the whole thing with "ravenwood" is kinda cool. Last episode sort of explained who Hawkins is, and where the guy was for that year.

That is true, I don't like the insinuations the last episode makes about our government, but it did have a great twist about Hawkins, though I still think the FBI thing is a cover, especially when the morse code in the opening credits said "Rob not FBI." It's a cover that will get him a lot of respect from the local townspeople, but nothing more.

An interesting twist in the trailor for next week's episode. It tries to insinuate the chinese are involved in the attack on the US.

I wish they would cut out the "Desperate Housewives" crap, and make it more about raw survival.

Ditto. Jericho started out strong, but it is starting to resemble a soap opera now. I am hoping that was just to string out enough to get to the Christmas break with a bit of a cliffhanger.

If Civil War includes some type of terrorism, then that is what I am going with. Hawkins intrigues me, as does Jake. I can't decide if either one of them is good or bad. The flagged pasport for Jake really threw me.

My guess is Jake was involved with some petty and then major criminal activities, which included smuggling goods across international borders and possibly becoming a mercenary himself for a bit, I have a tough time seeing Jake in the Guard or Army without his parents finding out.

I find the show a joke. Society will not work that way if the place is subjected to a nuclear attack.

Look, nuclear war justed happened, no food, no power, no water. Yet what happens. Folks use power to throw a party. Give me a frakking break. Society in Jericho is like a group of spinless hippies. Not a single person there is acting how society would really act when the SHTF. I don't see folks fighting for food, foghting for gasoline, fighting for water, fighting for ammunition. Nothing... Sorry but this show is a joke in regards to what would happen and what you should do.

As for the show's plot. It's a crock of frakking sh!t. I watch it to see how much worse liberal hollywood will make the end of the world look like a daytime soap. The plot is worse then a Pokémon Cartoon written by a retarded deaf blind mute with no hands.

I'll stick with Battlestar Galactica and Stargate SG-1/Atlantis.

You didn't have to mention the BSG part, saying "frak" was a dead give away that you watch that show. :p

I voted on the Chinese. Hawkins HAS to be a mole, probably Russian (although given the ham hand of plot crafting in Hollyweird he might be a member of the Hezbollah for all we know), as for Jake's passport being flagged, criminal activity can get it flagged, as well as maybe (GASP!) someone in the beauracracy made a mistake. (Sits down and fans myself to offset the shock of saying a gov't makes mistakes.)
I discounted any terror organization being behind this, simply put: Not enough resources. I figure a nuke plot would take a decade to plan and prepare for and that is a LONG time w/o Intell finding SOMETHING out.
Plus there has been rumours of 'suitcase bombs' in either theory or practice in several inventories, again mostly referenced in the realm of Nuke capable nations.
Then there was that retalitory strike. One really doesn't think that we'd waste ICBMs on a terrorist enemy due to the colateral damage to non-involved targets plus the fact that no terror organization is that centralized to be truly harmed by a strike like that.
Then you ask "What about that report about the NYPD and the van?" Ever see the movie Telephon? Or the (in my case) probable use of WarPact Spec Ops forces to disable NATO in the event of WWIII in Europe?
Why the Chinese and not the Russians: Simply put, I think the russian military is unwilling to start WWIII, UNLESS there was a coup there and some (fanatic or crackpot) just launched the ICBMs. Besides, they rely a bit more on our economy than they can really afford to wreck it.
Mars. (I'll take this to mean ANY extraterrestrial aliens). We be so very screwed if ET wanted to hose us. Then there is the niggling little trouble of: Why the US? Why not All the World?
Civil War: Possible, but not enough information to support it.
Women: Depends on what time of the month it was... ROFLMAO! Sorry, bad joke.

Hint's it is IMHO, the Chinese: That news show was AIMED at the US.
The airdrop of "relief supplies".
The possibility that Hawkins is actually a Chinese agent and using the Russian sites as a cover, IN THE EVENT OF HIS BEING COMPROMISED.
The Chinese have a fairly robust economy and yet can handle the collapse of a western economy better than a western industrial economy as most of hina is still pretty much low tech.

Just my thoughts. I am waiting for more episodes to unravel the spaghetti dinner they have tossed at us.

DonP

it's even hard to guess who is behind this, but as the folks from Jerico start venturing out more and more, answers are coming slowly.

I think it's definately a civil war...why would china send supplies if they were the ones who attacked?

FBI? Someone who was high up in the goverment, maybe knew a person who wanted to take over the goverment, so he planned the attacks so that when he tried to take over there wouldnt be a strong federal gov. to stop him...As they said arn't there four presidents or something like that, each with their own army?

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
-Abraham Lincoln

Last edited:
I think it is obvious that there was some sort of domestic terrorist conspiracy here, I haven't seen Episode 15 yet (getting the chips and salsa ready as we speak so I can watch it on the innertube) but I am still leaning towards Civil War, kind of. The whole six presidents thing is a bit of a pickle, the US Constitution is pretty clear on order of secession so I don't see how there could really be any issues there unless someone wanted there to be. (Doesn't the constitution make provisions via several amendments on order of secession all the way down to the most junior Representative?) Apparently in episode 16 the Marines are going to invade, pretty long ways from the ocean if you ask me, but it goes along with my theory that whenever a movie comes out where the US military dropped the ball the Army is chosen as the poster boy and whenever it comes time to glorify the US military the Marines are chosen. Liberal bias obviously. :D

Welllll, when there is no goverment to enforce the constitution, and when hell breaks loose there could be some people who assume the president's dead, cause nobody can get a broadcast out, so I suppose they're all gonna fight for presidency...then again they could divide the US up and rule them seperately

Dang I didn't even realize I missed episode 15

I'm just curious, is micro-scaled civil war like situation `Jericho vs. New Bern` possible if scenario like `Jericho` happen?

Back