Jeff Gordon Children's Hospital opens

--

December 17th, 2006  
Team Infidel

Topic: Jeff Gordon Children's Hospital opens

Jeff Gordon saw firsthand the strain and heartache childhood illnesses bring early in his career when Ray Evernham's young son was diagnosed with leukemia. Watching his crew chief battle to find top-notch care for Ray J. stuck with Gordon, who made children's charities a top priority of his foundation. His largest contribution yet came to fruition Saturday when the ribbon was cut at the Jeff Gordon Children's Hospital, a 28-bed pediatric unit at Northeast Medical Center [in Concord, NC]. Located not far from Lowe's Motor Speedway and many of NASCAR's race shops, the hospital will serve six counties and eliminate the need to travel to Charlotte for specialized pediatric care.(ESPN/AP)
December 17th, 2006  
bulldogg

I hate it when someone I dislike does something good like this... kudos to Jeff, but he's still a weenie.
December 19th, 2006  
bigcanada813

that's good to hear about the hospital. i bet there are a lot of families who are glad to hear that.
--
December 21st, 2006  
Rob Henderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg
I hate it when someone I dislike does something good like this... kudos to Jeff, but he's still a weenie.
Hahahaha...Hear, hear. One thing I dont like about it is the fact that its named after him...
December 21st, 2006  
warhappy100

Hey he's not a weenie has 4 titles to prove it.
December 22nd, 2006  
Rob Henderson

OK, he can drive. Hes still a weenie at life.
December 23rd, 2006  
warhappy100

Why he is a weenie? he's got new lovely wife.
December 24th, 2006  
Rob Henderson

New...Theres one reason...Hes always acting like hes better than everyone else, then shuts everyone up when he says 'God was with the team today."