Javelin vs. Dragon II or Super Dragon

Lil Hulk 1988

Any Marines here use the Javelin? I have experience with the Dragon, both the "II" and "Super", but never fired the Javelin. Just interested, since after shooting the dragon you needed to hit the target quick or get chewed up quick by the armour gunners since the smoke the dragon had a launch would give you away instantly. :shock:

I REMEMBER THE TESTING OF THE JAVELIN WHEN I WAS IN THE MARINE CORPS AND I PERSONALLY LIKED IT BETTER THEN THE DRAGON, I DON'T LIKE TO SIT AND WAIT FOR THE MISSILE TO HIT THE TANK WHILE BEING FIRED AT, THE JAVELIN IS A FIRE AND FORGET WEAPON, FOR DETAILED INFO GO TO www.janes.com AND DO A SEARCH ON THE JAVELIN.

Ok I have fired the Javelin and I have to say that is is amazing. When you fire the Javelin it uses a burst of air to push it out of the launch tube so when it actually does fire the signature is 15 feet in front of you. You can also fire the Javelin direct or indirect( shooting directly at a target or it will drop down on the target from above). Another plus is the fact that you fire and forget. you don't have to continue to track your round like you do with a dragon,thus reducing the time you are exposed to the enemy and the chances of you being seen and shot. As you well know those 5 to ten seconds that you must track the target with a dragon are not very safe. :tank:

Javelin

sgtbreeden said:
Ok I have fired the Javelin and I have to say that is is amazing. When you fire the Javelin it uses a burst of air to push it out of the launch tube so when it actually does fire the signature is 15 feet in front of you. You can also fire the Javelin direct or indirect( shooting directly at a target or it will drop down on the target from above). Another plus is the fact that you fire and forget. you don't have to continue to track your round like you do with a dragon,thus reducing the time you are exposed to the enemy and the chances of you being seen and shot. As you well know those 5 to ten seconds that you must track the target with a dragon are not very safe. :tank:

Those 5 to 10 seconds are what used to scare the crap out of me, glad that I didn't have to be the poor sucker that had that job permenantly. So, it seems the javelin is much safer!

Semper Fi.

I have disliked the dragon since the first time i saw the huge hunk of crap lol. lugging that thing around is a pain for the light fighters. i like the javeline more also because it can be broken down and carried by a few different people (untill you know you are going to be attacking an objective in witch case you would ikeep it all in one piece ;)

Back