Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguy201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozzy Mozzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snauhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozzy Mozzy
Oh I missed that. That is pretty weird and doesn't make sense. But h**l, that photo could have been doctored. Plus I don't see a reason to fake it, the Jav can kill a T-72 over the top.
Are you sure?? Because this video is fake.
It's a Russian site, I really don't know who to believe. Plus, the Javelin without a doubt can penetrate the top armor of a T-72, dual charge HEAT warheads against thin steel armor. Who wins?
T-72's use ERA (Explosive Reactor Armor) , do heat rounds bust through that? >>> Iraqi tanks did not have the ERA so dont try correcting me.
ERA is more effective against HEAT rounds then KE rounds. The Javelin overcomes this by having a dual HEAT charge. The first round detonates the ERA and the second penetrates the armor. Almost all HEAT charges will penetrate the top armor of any tank.
November 24th, 2004  
EuroSpike

"T-72's use ERA (Explosive Reactor Armor) , do heat rounds bust through that? >>> Iraqi tanks did not have the ERA so dont try correcting me."

ERA makes a blow against the "fire carrot" of striking heat round and breaks it, so it can reduce heat's penetration even 50%!

That's why wise men have developed "tandem-shot" wich first penetrates ERA and after that the main armor.
December 24th, 2004  
Salient

have a look at the first Javelin mpg on this site. Im sure you will agree that the explosions are a little more realistic than the Javelin v T72 vid although that mpg is on the same sitehttp://www.missilesandfirecontrol.co...o_library.html
--