Javelin v. T-72

BILL 2 video:
mms://qstream-31.qbrick.com/01580/01580_1342_3_wis_l.wmv

Kind of a propaganda video though heh.

The javalin might have a bit more explosives though but probebly not much.

Snauhi said:
Kozzy Mozzy said:
Oh I missed that. That is pretty weird and doesn't make sense. But h**l, that photo could have been doctored. Plus I don't see a reason to fake it, the Jav can kill a T-72 over the top.

Are you sure?? Because this video is fake.

It's a Russian site, I really don't know who to believe. Plus, the Javelin without a doubt can penetrate the top armor of a T-72, dual charge HEAT warheads against thin steel armor. Who wins?

Kozzy Mozzy said:
Snauhi said:
Kozzy Mozzy said:
Oh I missed that. That is pretty weird and doesn't make sense. But h**l, that photo could have been doctored. Plus I don't see a reason to fake it, the Jav can kill a T-72 over the top.

It's a Russian site, I really don't know who to believe. Plus, the Javelin without a doubt can penetrate the top armor of a T-72, dual charge HEAT warheads against thin steel armor. Who wins?

I dont think this is about, can or can not, its about if this photage (film) showed a credibale amount of explotion, and effects of the explotion that is in question.

This is what the pictures claim to be fake.
That theres an explotion before the war head exploades, making it look thougher then it really is.

I was told the T-72 was filled with explosives, to make the show more impressive. It might have been photo shopped with a larger explosion. I don't know.

I have a file of the tank kill that everyone seems to be dancing around. It's an mpeg and it's on my company computer because we build and test the Javelin. If someone wants it I will gladly PM it because I don't know how to post it in this string. All I've seen so far is foreign made simulations.

That javelin video is a fake or explosion was caused by armor penetration that had blown up tank's ammunition wich is in russian tanks placed on a carousel around the crew below the turret due the self loading system.

Ammunition can be blown up easily if the armor succeeded to penetrate. Not good for crew. Usually modern anti tank weapons (HEAT) make only a nice small hole that penetrates armor and destroys it killing the crew too.

EuroSpike said:
That javelin video is a fake or explosion was caused by armor penetration that had blown up tank's ammunition wich is in russian tanks placed on a carousel around the crew below the turret due the self loading system.

Ammunition can be blown up easily if the armor succeeded to penetrate. Not good for crew. Usually modern anti tank weapons (HEAT) make only a nice small hole that penetrates armor and destroys it killing the crew too.

You are right. I've never seen a more obvious propaganda film. It reminds me of the Godzilla movies. My offer to show the real movie stands, I'll PM it to anyone who wants to see what a little Javelin is capable of.

Missileer said:
EuroSpike said:

You are right. I've never seen a more obvious propaganda film. It reminds me of the Godzilla movies. My offer to show the real movie stands, I'll PM it to anyone who wants to see what a little Javelin is capable of.

Propaganda or not it looks pretty HC anyway 8) I quess all modern top attack AT missiles are capable enough to knock out any tank presented. Technology has very interesting solutions. Once front armors are getting too strong to get penetrated and always isn't possible to flank the tank, start missiles to strike from above. When someone invents a missile that goes under tank's hull and strikes the bottom? :D

Kozzy Mozzy said:
Snauhi said:
Kozzy Mozzy said:

T-72's use ERA (Explosive Reactor Armor) , do heat rounds bust through that? >>> Iraqi tanks did not have the ERA so dont try correcting me.

Aguy201 said:
Kozzy Mozzy said:
Snauhi said:
Kozzy Mozzy said:

T-72's use ERA (Explosive Reactor Armor) , do heat rounds bust through that? >>> Iraqi tanks did not have the ERA so dont try correcting me.

ERA is more effective against HEAT rounds then KE rounds. The Javelin overcomes this by having a dual HEAT charge. The first round detonates the ERA and the second penetrates the armor. Almost all HEAT charges will penetrate the top armor of any tank.

"T-72's use ERA (Explosive Reactor Armor) , do heat rounds bust through that? >>> Iraqi tanks did not have the ERA so dont try correcting me."

ERA makes a blow against the "fire carrot" of striking heat round and breaks it, so it can reduce heat's penetration even 50%!

That's why wise men have developed "tandem-shot" wich first penetrates ERA and after that the main armor.

Back