The Jason Bourne Movies

A Can of Man

Je suis aware
So who's seen The Bourne Identity and The Bourne Supremacy?
My opinion, those two movies really kicked ass and it's too bad that some people think it's just a James Bond wannabe, because it really isn't. The character is anything but James Bond, the latter I never really liked that much anyways.
Maybe it's because I see Jason Bourne as a much upgraded version of myself... lol. Somewhat multi-lingual and practices a few martial arts.
Anyways what do you guys think about the movies and the characters in it?

I haven't seen the Bourne Supremacy but the book is kick ass. The Bourne Identity was decent although I don't think it does Ludlum justice.

I liked both of these movies. I think that if they had anyone else play the role of Bourne it would not have worked though. Damon did a great job of keepin his expressions intact from the first to the second show.

Yeah, I think with the current generation (the guys that aren't old) Matt Damon probably has the most talent. You can tell who the good actor is by the amount of roles the guy can play convincingly.
That Jason Bourne role seemed to fit him superbly though... almost like he was made for it.
Some actors discover a role they were meant for too late in their career. Has anyone here seen Jean Claude van Damme's movie "Legionnaire"? You'll know what I mean. No Karate. It's a pretty decent war movie.

Best secret agent movie I ever seen.

I mean, when u look at movies like James bond..........u see extremely unlogic actions and was filmed without real-agent style proffesion (or we can so, the agents in da certain movie, like James bond, don't look very proffesional as a secret agent). Is quite hard to explain. But one word to describe --- Not real-life enough.

Bourne movie is a very real-life, unique, extraoridinary agent film. For me it is a totally revolutionary agent film I watched. The action seems to be what an agent should have done and,without unlogic action like doing something special in a big disaster situation. The fight, tacnique seems to be what an agent is well trained of.

Very recommened film. Nice one

Its clever too...like the way he blows that tank up so the sniper cant see him...and on the 2nd one where he finds that telephone number off the hotel receptionist

I was REALLY impressed with the level of tactic detail that went into the second movie. The hotel calling especially. Superb. Figure out what kind of hotel that person's likely to stay at, then call each one of them up.
That toaster bomb was incredible haha.

the movies were ok, they were over hyped but still good
however they did the books nowhere near the ammount of justice they deserved, they completely reworked the storyline so the only recognisable parts were:
*an amnesiac named jason bourne
*the name treadstone
and other stuff i cant remember cuz im not feeling well.

good movies, but in no way accurate

Well i haven't read the books but the one thing about the movies that struck me as awesome is the seamless transition from the first to the last... I was really convinced that Matt Damon filmed the second movie like three days after the first because his character held all the same notes and feelings as he had in the first film. I think it is commendable to not only Matt Damon but also the director and filming crew and the other actors in the movie that deserves some of the credit. And yeah the movie rocked my face off!!

Oh, so another thing where the film is good, the book is good but they're just not really the same thing.
I wonder if that's the case, why didnt they just call it something different? Like Starship Troopers. The book and the movie were nothing like one another.

Locke said:
the movies were ok, they were over hyped but still good
however they did the books nowhere near the ammount of justice they deserved, they completely reworked the storyline so the only recognisable parts were:
*an amnesiac named jason bourne
*the name treadstone
and other stuff i cant remember cuz im not feeling well.

good movies, but in no way accurate

They were very good films. I found it interesting that the Brits loved them so much, I figured they would think of them as bond ripoffs even though they arent.

"The Bourne Identity" had the best martial art fighting scenes I have seen in any movie ever.

Both were exellent movies.

The only thing I didn't like about the second one was the screen shots were too tight, it kinda gave me a headache. If it wasn't for that it would have been really great.

Great movies, second movie shakes the camera a little too much for my liking, but still great.

I heard the book is vastly different from the movies, I've never read it myself but a co-worker of mine read it and said the movies are nothing like the book.

gladius said:
"The Bourne Identity" had the best martial art fighting scenes I have seen in any movie ever.

Both were exellent movies.

The only thing I didn't like about the second one was the screen shots were too tight, it kinda gave me a headache. If it wasn't for that it would have been really great.

you want good martial arts:
check out jet li in "kiss or the dragon"
its awesome!!!

I've seen some Jet Li movies.

The thing about the Bourne movie was the fighting was different, it had more of a realisticly brutal feel to it rather than the flash of those other martial art movies.

hmm its interesting that you bring up the word brutal

most of the people (if they were real) thier training is that they take out the opponent whilst using the least ammount of energy, most definently this was conveyed by bourne, the fights seemed to end very violently and abruptly
this is also conveyed in 'those other martial arts movies" its just that often the people they are fighting have just as much training as the good guy does!!!

THERE IS NO JASON BOURNE AND THERE ARE NO JASON BOURNE MOVIES.
now i think this topic must end before an accident happens to the participants, say perhaps if you all fell from a 50-story building, by accident of course.

and thank you for the comments on my martial arts skills

*fastens silencer*

judging by the capitals at the start of that post, i hope you are attaching the silencer to your mouth :lol: :p ;)

Back