JAS 39 GRIPEN

I attended the Royal International Air Tattoo at RAF Fairford a few years ago working as a medical volunteer.
I was "Airside" so got very close to the aircraft.
The JAS 39 GRIPEN was there.
For its size it was very loud, the loudest of the lot. Also very maneuverable, putting on an outstanding display.
A very impressive looking aircraft.

So you think it sounds a lot? It pissed me off a lot, because the air force does not work between 9 to 5:smil:

A lightning was lost not too long ago from Thunder City. The pilot tried to "bang out" which for some reason failed. He went into the deck with the aircraft.

A good pilot and a wonderful aeroplane was lost.

In the RAF years ago there was a scheme called the "Ten Ton Club" where selected personnel were given the chance to fly at 1,000 MPH in a two seater Lightning, no erks were selected (as usual) it was always high ranking Rupert's or their missus/girlfriends/mistresses.

So you think it sounds a lot? It pissed me off a lot, because the air force does not work between 9 to 5:smil:

It would round here!
A while back some one bought a house that they knew backed onto a military airfield, then complained about the noise!
There were Harriers based on the field, and the couple took the MOD to court to get them to stop flying after 4:30pm.
Thankfully the Judge saw sense.

It would round here!
A while back some one bought a house that they knew backed onto a military airfield, then complained about the noise!
There were Harriers based on the field, and the couple took the MOD to court to get them to stop flying after 4:30pm.
Thankfully the Judge saw sense.

What a pity there weren't Lightning's on the airfield, the pilots would have used reheat over their house.

Lowest build new Gripen are 450 pers.

Nice forum with Jas Gripen.

I message in new threath.

Gripen NG is the name on new Gripen.

I think others countries have more lucky with attack planes.

I say these:

Sweden
Belgium
Britain
France
Saudi Arabia
Israel
USA - thinking Navy is more powerful but next best with F-22, F-35 and Super Hornets.
Russia - PAK 50 new stealth air craft on ways in market close 2018.
Egypt
Australia
Canada
Norway
Suiss

No Germany.

I think theres MLRS is better then Towad Artillery then Leopard II and Marine.

Thinking Army is best in Sweden.

Or is it Air Force before Army in Sweden? For swedish general true. I changes post.

75...8092d263_b.jpg

I believe the JAS 39 is a exceptional aircraft, and a viable replacement for the obsolete Viggen (As much as I hate to say it ;-; ) and is, as of now, one of the most (only matched by a very few planes) maneuverable frames out there. However, its not perfect, it has some very distinctive flaws. One being the fact that it is a rather under-powered plane, generating a maximum of only around 18,000 ibf. makes the weakest 4.5 generation aircraft in the engine department. On top of this its payload is relatively small as well, having a smaller payload capacity then that of a F-35B (!). And last but not least, its radar is quite small and weak for such a modern fighter, being closer to the radar seen on a Rafale F.1 rather then the F/A-18E Blk. II level it should be at.
All in all, however, its a great plane at a very low price-tag, making it ripe for export.

South Africa bought the aeroplane, sadly they are all grounded due to lack of spares for the US (unserviceable)
aircraft due to lack of money and lack of qualified pilots to fly the one's which are serviceable.

Back