--

March 2nd, 2005  
ironface

Topic: japan's millitary power

Japan has strong marine though they are still in the contract of the WW2
but they are really aggressive....
March 2nd, 2005  
CABAL

The Japanese Defense Force has a very disciplined and well developled/organized Marine Corp., but not similar to the well known US Marines as Doctrines change since World War II.

One is question is, what are we here to discuss? The Japanese Military or JDF's Marine Corp?
March 2nd, 2005  
ironface

some news say japan's marine is so very develop that it is almost
the 2d power of the world, any introduction about its marine?
--
March 2nd, 2005  
CABAL

The report or whatever information claiming that Japan's Marine Corp is Second most powerful in the world is tremendously over-stated. They have forgotten the British Royal Marines whose capabilities are far beyond of Japan's limited defensive role. However, Japan's Marine Corp may be considered to be world-class. But that is only my speculations.
March 2nd, 2005  
Zyca

Any links? I'm interested to see what kind of equipments they have.
March 2nd, 2005  
Pyro

they maybe good and well trained but they are not the 2nd best in the world.
March 2nd, 2005  
CABAL

You have to remember that Japan does not have a true Marine Corp. The only that is near to the concept is the Maritime Self Defense Force (Navy) Naval Infantry. Try not to confuse the concepts.

As I said before, the reason why The Self Defense Force does not have a true Marine Corp is because of the imposed Limitions on Military Capabilities to put itself to a defensive role.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...an/weapons.htm
March 2nd, 2005  
A Can of Man

Topic: Re: japan's millitary power

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironface
Japan has strong marine though they are still in the contract of the WW2
but they are really aggressive....
You're talking about Japan's military power and you didn't even mention the Maritime and Air Self Defense Forces?
Generally the top Marine Corps of the world tend to include the following:
USMC
Royal Marines
RoKMC
and often I believe, the Taiwanese Marines are also included.
It's not a concrete list and of course opinions vary but the Japanese one (if there is one???) is usually never on the list.
Is there even a Japanese Marines because I don't think they exist. Do you mean Navy?
March 4th, 2005  
Darcia

Thier whole military as a whole is very good. Currently they are developing a new tank.
March 4th, 2005  
Redneck

What is the purpose of this thread, ironface?