Japanese WW2 Soldiers Found Alive in Jungle

--

May 27th, 2005  
gladius

Topic: Japanese WW2 Soldiers Found Alive in Jungle

MANILA, Philippines Japanese diplomats investigated claims Friday that two former Japanese soldiers have been hiding in the mountains of the southern Philippines since World War II.

The health ministry, in charge of repatriating Japanese overseas, said it was sending an official to the southern Philippine city of General Santos (search) on Saturday to join Japanese embassy officials attempting to reach the pair.

....Another source told the paper that there may be more than 40 other Japanese soldiers living in the mountains and that they all want to return to Japan, the Sankei said....

LINK:http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,157856,00.html

When I first heard about this, I went---"What! That can't be true?". But I guess it is. I didn't think there would be anymore Japanese hold-overs from WWII, not at this point.
May 27th, 2005  
KC72

i`m not sure whether to believe it or not

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...358181,00.html
May 27th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Crazy dudes
--
May 27th, 2005  
Bootboy82

I wonder how long it will take until they are making a movie out of this story if it is true.
May 27th, 2005  
rotc boy

there was a story on the history channel about some Japanese on an island that were found not long ago...

they interviewed em and they had thought they were still at war
May 27th, 2005  
hicks

I'd give it 5 years before they start making a movie.
May 28th, 2005  
LIBERTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by hicks
I'd give it 5 years before they start making a movie.
I wouldnt even give them that long. I'd give them a few months. lol
May 28th, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotc boy
there was a story on the history channel about some Japs on an island that were found not long ago...

they interviewed em and they had thought they were still at war
I remember that. They did not believe the news that the US won and would not surrender. Cray people I say
May 28th, 2005  
hicks

Why would you even think two countries would still be at war 60 years later?
May 28th, 2005  
r031Button

They had never been told different, and they weren't about to give up their mission in order to find out. A little extreme in this case, but kinda admirable.