Japanese WW2 Soldiers Found Alive in Jungle - Page 4

--
Japanese WW2 Soldiers Found Alive in Jungle

August 21st, 2005  
FULLMETALJACKET

thats a good story, a worthy post. man, if they have been up there that long they must be nuts by now.
August 30th, 2005  
Archit

I wonder how austrilians think about Japanese, when concened with the ww2 history.
August 31st, 2005  
phoenix80

idiots
--
August 31st, 2005  
DTop

Once again ladies and gents, the story was a hoax.
I added the "gents" to assuage any sensitive feelings out there

Quote:
Mediator says story of WWII Japanese soldiers in Philippines was a hoax

Canadian Press

June 1, 2005

TOKYO (AP) - The mediator who tried to arrange a meeting with two alleged Japanese soldiers thought to be hiding in the Philippines since the Second World War has confirmed the story is a hoax, a media report said Wednesday.
http://www.canada.com/news/world/sto...d-911a864d7a4c
August 31st, 2005  
Spartacus

Another reason why not to trust the media on everything they say.
August 31st, 2005  
chewie_nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus

ummmm so you think it was the medias fault rather than the japanese hoax maker?

sometimes the media gets duped the same as everyone else, sometimes they just get flatout lied to

i know i know
September 1st, 2005  
Spartacus

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewie_nz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus

ummmm so you think it was the medias fault rather than the japanese hoax maker?

sometimes the media gets duped the same as everyone else, sometimes they just get flatout lied to

i know i know
I do believe that the media can be duped, but I think that they have a responsibility to those to whom they report to make sure that they're information is accurate. How many times have you heard of something on the news, only to find out that it was a)FUBAR b)A total lie c) A prank gone bad.

BTW I am not a conspiracy theorist, I just think that we should not swallow everything the media gives us, and take everything with nothing less than a pound of salt.
September 9th, 2005  
godofthunder9010

You'd kinda have to figure it was a hoax in this case. I suppose that the true story of Lt. Hiroo Onoda would tend to make one believe that another such case would have happened. But it would seem a bit of a jump from 30 year with Lt. Hiroo Onoda, to 60 years to the story that turned out to be a hoax.
September 15th, 2005  
tomtom22

This is a HOAX.

This is a HOAX.

This is a HOAX.

Get it?
September 19th, 2005  
Blixs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeEnfield
Just what were they doing all this time in the jungle, they were not fighting and they made no attempt to attack any place or any one. I are you trying to tell me that they never once met or spoke to any one else apart from them selfs in the Jungle. If you were in the jungle and at war one of the first questions you would ask if you met any one would be "How is the war going, who's winning". Well they must have heard that the war was over and that country had not been looted or pillaged by the Americans,, so why not go home. The idea that crosses my mind is that these men were deserters and were frightened to return home.
It's not that,it's because they thought that what they were hearing on the radio about the war being over was just propaganda,a ploy to lure them out and capture them.If you take a look at it,that's a actually a pretty good trick.