Japanese WW2 Soldiers Found Alive in Jungle - Page 3

--
Boots

June 4th, 2005  
silent driller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotc boy
there was a story on the history channel about some Japanese on an island that were found not long ago...

they interviewed em and they had thought they were still at war
Imagine the looks on their faces when they find out what's going on now!
June 4th, 2005  
DTop

Topic: story of WWII Japanese soldiers in Philippines a hoax

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent driller
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotc boy
there was a story on the history channel about some Japanese on an island that were found not long ago...

they interviewed em and they had thought they were still at war
Imagine the looks on their faces when they find out what's going on now!
Looks like you'll have to just leave it to your imagination:
Quote:
Mediator says story of WWII Japanese soldiers in Philippines was a hoax

Canadian Press

June 1, 2005

TOKYO (AP) - The mediator who tried to arrange a meeting with two alleged Japanese soldiers thought to be hiding in the Philippines since the Second World War has confirmed the story is a hoax, a media report said Wednesday.
http://www.canada.com/news/world/story.html?id=0530f432-6961-407b-91bd-911a864d7a4c
June 4th, 2005  
Molly Pitcher

What a cruel thing to put the families of those two men through!
--
Boots
June 6th, 2005  
Darcia

That is just horrible.
June 6th, 2005  
gladius

What a scam. Not to mention the families of those men. But I guess con artist don't care about that.
June 6th, 2005  
njrotc XO

agreed ^^^^^ those who originated the story must have nothing better to do than to get those families hopes up.
June 8th, 2005  
Darcia

You know since someone has done this now when people ome up with actual claims no one will believe them.
August 20th, 2005  
ill be damed if i know

theres committment for you
August 21st, 2005  
LeEnfield

Just what were they doing all this time in the jungle, they were not fighting and they made no attempt to attack any place or any one. I are you trying to tell me that they never once met or spoke to any one else apart from them selfs in the Jungle. If you were in the jungle and at war one of the first questions you would ask if you met any one would be "How is the war going, who's winning". Well they must have heard that the war was over and that country had not been looted or pillaged by the Americans,, so why not go home. The idea that crosses my mind is that these men were deserters and were frightened to return home.
August 21st, 2005  
chewie_nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeEnfield
Just what were they doing all this time in the jungle, they were not fighting and they made no attempt to attack any place or any one. I are you trying to tell me that they never once met or spoke to any one else apart from them selfs in the Jungle. If you were in the jungle and at war one of the first questions you would ask if you met any one would be "How is the war going, who's winning". Well they must have heard that the war was over and that country had not been looted or pillaged by the Americans,, so why not go home. The idea that crosses my mind is that these men were deserters and were frightened to return home.
ummm....i dont know how to say this but read the whole thread, it was a hoax