JApanese-US alliance

NgoDinhdiem

I once heard an american on pbs saying that this is the most important, partnership in th world today. do most of you guys agree?

they both account for 60% of the world wealth,

they both have a very stable democartic system

i belive that the US is japan's best friend,

i belive that japan is the US second best friend after the UK

do you guys think the US will protect japan if say for istance japan had probelm with china or russia?[/u]

Most important alliance? No, but I think we are allot closer then most of the asian people on this forum think. I'd say Japan is our 3rd best friend after the UK and Australia. Our navies are EXTREMELY close, our life styles rub off allot on each other as well. Yes I believe America would defend Japan at almost any cost, we have crippled their military so we feel its our duty.

japan is an interesting country, with absoultely no good resources and a earthquake-prone and hurricane.volcano damged isle, they are mianly a trading country.

countries that cannot survive onits own are prone toa ttack, so ya, the us are goignto protect their precious isle

YEah, i would agree with you that japan and americans are really close then most people realize. i would have to disagree with you that in term of americans public opinions, many would consider the british(because of obvious ancestorial reasons) and the australian are the americans best friends, but the most strategic friendship for americans is probably the japanese. I only say that is because Americans had prob up Japan to deal with soviets communist and now japan is there to counter the chinese.

I didn't really mean the first 2 countries are in order. I honestly believe Australia is our best friend, they would probably follow us into hell and we have allot of respect for them.

Field Marshal DJ said:
japan is an interesting country, with absoultely no good resources and a earthquake-prone and hurricane.volcano damged isle, they are mianly a trading country.

countries that cannot survive onits own are prone toa ttack, so ya, the us are goignto protect their precious isle

yeah the japanese are on islan with nothing at all, that's why they the second richest country in the world. just a testament to how smart and intelligent the jaopanese people really are.

well, if you look at it this way: the japanese does have a very nice organization skills and uniity, which is why they dont have many civil wars.

but they are a bit too overesistmating themselves, that is the con of a strong nationaliity

Big_Z said:
I didn't really mean the first 2 countries are in order. I honestly believe Australia is our best friend, they would probably follow us into h**l and we have allot of respect for them.

i wonder why is that? why would the aussie are such stacunh freinds with the US? you would think that Canada would be but i gueese the austaralian needs a power friends since they pretty much have a small poulation and in the middle of nowhere

i al;ways was amazed with the idea that a country like japan and the UK becames powerfull nations when they are on an island not too big

canada might develop better if it was more populated... but alot of canadians are moving out: LIKE ME 8) US is so much better, more urban

I believe the US-Japanese alliance is also very important even beyond mere economics because Japan serves as the US's premier Asia base.
I believe this alliance will be key to keeping some balance of power in Asia in the coming decades.

that is BS talking.....control all asian?? show the numbers...
i dont think japan is the power house of asian anymore...its economy is pretty flat since 1990ss....

anyways...japan is an island conutry..and it needs land and resources to make sure that its island won't starve to death by the lack of natural resources

I believe the US-Japanese alliance is of extreme important especially in trying to balance Asia more against the current Sino-Russian alliance(China and Russia alliance).Russia has been selling billions of dollars of new submarines,fighter jets, and aircraft carriers to China each year and promised support of China if,in fact, they ever did invade Taiwan,which the US said they would defend.That's where Japan comes in.(as well as Australia and Britain of course ). But yea I think it's an important alliance.
:p

With Russia's views on the Ukraine election, I definitely think that the U.S. would side with Japan if there was ever a conflict. As for China, I'm not too sure about that, but as for the communist side of it, I would say it would defend Japan.

I feel so sorry to so see so many users from China are banned :oops:

And I also think the alliance between USA and Japan is important to Japan,for USA supplies them with weapons and chances to allow them to become a normal country,even join Iraq war.
Japan is also important to USA,for Japan supplies so much dollars to support anti-terroist wars, and Japan has never said no to USA in political affairs and military affairs after WWII war.

Although,maybe we take notice that Japan has never confessed for what he had done in WWII war, for what he had done in Pear habor.
Japanese never confess for what he had done,But think a lot about for what reason he failed in that war.
It is a invasive nationality and if possible ,it will expand.

Well they're banned because they can't stop going ape shit and whenever they kind of lose an argument they just say "we'll nuke them!"

Whatever. The US-Japanese alliance is important because it helps minimize the decay factor of strategic reach in the region for the US. It means response to crisis is faster and regional analysis and understanding can also be increased.

Japan has no choice but to be a rich country. The land that they occupy isn't fertile enough to have an agriculturaly based economy and they need to import most of the things they need. If they didn't have money they wouldn't be able to survive at all.

Japan must keep the warm relationship with USA otherwise she is in big trouble since japan is too dependent on outside world (trading) they have almost no resource at home.

FlyingFrog said:
Japan must keep the warm relationship with USA otherwise she is in big trouble since japan is too dependent on outside world (trading) they have almost no resource at home.

The fact they have no natural resources has been established.

Back