JApanese-US alliance

--

December 15th, 2004  
NgoDinhdiem

Topic: JApanese-US alliance

I once heard an american on pbs saying that this is the most important, partnership in th world today. do most of you guys agree?

they both account for 60% of the world wealth,

they both have a very stable democartic system

i belive that the US is japan's best friend,

i belive that japan is the US second best friend after the UK

do you guys think the US will protect japan if say for istance japan had probelm with china or russia?[/u]
December 15th, 2004  
Big_Z

Most important alliance? No, but I think we are allot closer then most of the asian people on this forum think. I'd say Japan is our 3rd best friend after the UK and Australia. Our navies are EXTREMELY close, our life styles rub off allot on each other as well. Yes I believe America would defend Japan at almost any cost, we have crippled their military so we feel its our duty.
December 15th, 2004  
MadeInChina

japan is an interesting country, with absoultely no good resources and a earthquake-prone and hurricane.volcano damged isle, they are mianly a trading country.

countries that cannot survive onits own are prone toa ttack, so ya, the us are goignto protect their precious isle
--
December 15th, 2004  
NgoDinhdiem

YEah, i would agree with you that japan and americans are really close then most people realize. i would have to disagree with you that in term of americans public opinions, many would consider the british(because of obvious ancestorial reasons) and the australian are the americans best friends, but the most strategic friendship for americans is probably the japanese. I only say that is because Americans had prob up Japan to deal with soviets communist and now japan is there to counter the chinese.
December 15th, 2004  
Big_Z

I didn't really mean the first 2 countries are in order. I honestly believe Australia is our best friend, they would probably follow us into hell and we have allot of respect for them.
December 15th, 2004  
NgoDinhdiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Field Marshal DJ
japan is an interesting country, with absoultely no good resources and a earthquake-prone and hurricane.volcano damged isle, they are mianly a trading country.

countries that cannot survive onits own are prone toa ttack, so ya, the us are goignto protect their precious isle
yeah the japanese are on islan with nothing at all, that's why they the second richest country in the world. just a testament to how smart and intelligent the jaopanese people really are.
December 15th, 2004  
MadeInChina

well, if you look at it this way: the japanese does have a very nice organization skills and uniity, which is why they dont have many civil wars.

but they are a bit too overesistmating themselves, that is the con of a strong nationaliity
December 15th, 2004  
NgoDinhdiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Z
I didn't really mean the first 2 countries are in order. I honestly believe Australia is our best friend, they would probably follow us into h**l and we have allot of respect for them.
i wonder why is that? why would the aussie are such stacunh freinds with the US? you would think that Canada would be but i gueese the austaralian needs a power friends since they pretty much have a small poulation and in the middle of nowhere
December 15th, 2004  
NgoDinhdiem

i al;ways was amazed with the idea that a country like japan and the UK becames powerfull nations when they are on an island not too big
December 15th, 2004  
MadeInChina

canada might develop better if it was more populated... but alot of canadians are moving out: LIKE ME 8) US is so much better, more urban