Japananse plans for the South Pacific (WW2)...

So,if Japanese empire invade and ruled Australia sucessful,Those Australian will love the Japanese in depth? Just like west countries took Japan as best friend after second war?
Maybe those Australian will greet Japs after Japs conquer them:" oh yeah, baby,oh yeah, baby",give me a good job! beat me,rape me, harder,harder,hit me face,kick my ass, torture me! I am very high.
" Oh yeah,baby,yeah, baby! yeah, baby!broke my leg,hit my face,rape me! I am very high."

Remember,the European only trust "jungle law" ,"only the strong can survive,the weak were taken! "Any other beatiful words are Bullsh!t!:mrgreen:
Don't confuse the Aussies with the French.:lol:

So,if Japanese empire invade and ruled Australia sucessful,Those Australian will love the Japanese in depth? Just like west countries took Japan as best friend after second war?
Maybe those Australian will greet Japs after Japs conquer them:" oh yeah, baby,oh yeah, baby",give me a good job! beat me,rape me, harder,harder,hit me face,kick my ass, torture me! I am very high.
" Oh yeah,baby,yeah, baby! yeah, baby!broke my leg,hit my face,rape me! I am very high."

Remember,the European only trust "jungle law" ,"only the strong can survive,the weak were taken! "Any other beatiful words are Bullsh!t!:mrgreen:

Udaka, you may have some anger issues to deal with. What are you talking about?

I agree although I have often wondered whether they would not have had shorter and more secure supply lines by invading on the west coast rather than the expected east.

They needed to maintain their Navy to accomplish this task. They didn't.

Japan's second biggest mistake was not invading Hawaii and preventing the US from rebuilding and using it as a base. First was bombing Pearl Harbor and waking up the sleeping bear. Invading Oz would have been a nightmare, to say the least.

Japan's second biggest mistake was not invading Hawaii and preventing the US from rebuilding and using it as a base. First was bombing Pearl Harbor and waking up the sleeping bear. Invading Oz would have been a nightmare, to say the least.

I don't think invading Hawaii would have done anything for their cause, knocking out the US aircraft carrier fleet (out to sea whilst Pearl was being attacked) would have though, carriers won the war in the pacific oh and the ground pounders securing each crappy island one at a time :sniper:

Not so sure about that, taking Hawaii would have made the US Pacific campaign a lot more difficult as everything would have had to come from the US mainland and the US fleet would have required a lot more fuel for operations.

Not so sure about that, taking Hawaii would have made the US Pacific campaign a lot more difficult as everything would have had to come from the US mainland and the US fleet would have required a lot more fuel for operations.
Probably would have had to retake Hawaii 1st, if for no other reason than the excessive lenth of SLOC w/o them.

Probably would have had to retake Hawaii 1st, if for no other reason than the excessive lenth of SLOC w/o them.

Either way it would most likely have given the entire Pacific west of Hawaii to the Japanese with the exception of Australia and New Zealand which I think were just too remote and too big for Japan to have considered.

So the likes of Midway and Guadalcanal would most likely have gone Japans way not to mention damage done to facilities on Hawaii from a Japanese invasion to the subsequent American assault would have slowed up US operations considerably possibly adding years to the war.

I don't think Japan really had the manpower or resources to control the entire Pacific, extending too far in New Guinea as one example (a limited way compared to the entire Pacifiic though) but both sides suffered from over extended supply lines.

Also I think with Hawaii so close to the US homeland if wouldn't have taken them long to take it back. To be honest Japan on her own was never going to be able to control it all once they woke the sleeping giant that the US is/was.

I don't think Japan really had the manpower or resources to control the entire Pacific, extending too far in New Guinea as one example (a limited way compared to the entire Pacifiic though) but both sides suffered from over extended supply lines.

Also I think with Hawaii so close to the US homeland if wouldn't have taken them long to take it back. To be honest Japan on her own was never going to be able to control it all once they woke the sleeping giant that the US is/was.
With out being in China they probably could have taken Australia, if they took Hawaii we would have eventually overwhelmed them with our industrial output. Though it would have been more likely that we would have ended up A-Bombing them with a B-36 strike from the States considering the delay that retaking Hawaii would have caused plus the huge number of troops not in China.

I think that is unlikely as the reason relations between the US and Japan soured was Japanese expansion into China so without Japan in China there is very little reason for them to have been at war in the first place.

I think that is unlikely as the reason relations between the US and Japan soured was Japanese expansion into China so without Japan in China there is very little reason for them to have been at war in the first place.
Except for the Expansionist/Imperialist desires of Japan. They wanted the recourses to the south & would have gone after them, probably sometime in '42 as the Western nations were in a bad way vs the Germans. The US oil cut off probably just advanced the time a bit.

Back