Japan will deploy F-15 fighter jets on the southern island of Okinawa

rock45

Japan will deploy F-15 fighter jets on the southern island of Okinawa

I had no idea the Chinese had so many incursions into Japan's airspace? Do they scramble fighters every time? I assume AWACS assets must patrol as well wow had no idea. Just don't remember seeing this before? The Russian Bear's make a few flights and it was picked up by the press right away why not this?

Link
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/10/09/asia/AS-GEN-Japan-Defense.php

That's interesting there.

I suppose they have to fly over in order to get anywhere. Okinawa is sort of in the way...

I don't know if it happens that often but it probably happens enough. Maybe not full incursions but Chinese testing the waters by flying real close to the edge of their air space.

Cold War mentality" against China, say Chinese experts

Experts: Japan's excuses for fighters don't hold water

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]

* I saw this and thought it would be useful to add it to the thread.

By Chen Jia (China Daily)
Updated: 2007-10-11 07:17[/FONT]

Japan's excuse of airspace violations for its planned deployment of new F-15 jet fighters on Okinawa does not hold water and reflects a "Cold War mentality" against China, say Chinese experts.
Foreign media have reported that a Japanese defense ministry spokeswoman said on Tuesday that the country plans to send 20 F-15 jets to Okinawa by the end of March 2009, the first time for the fighters to be deployed on the southwestern island.
The plan, designed to enhance defense capabilities in southwestern Japan, also includes the deployment of an Apache fighter helicopter on the island of Kyushu, according to the spokeswoman.

Full story
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2007-10/11/content_6164659.htm

So what... Japan wants to deploy 20 F-15s to one of their islands. Japan has the right to do so. Their national defense does not take a seat behind Communist China's actions or the rest of the world's opinion.

I support Japan for doing this. Their right to self defense should not be infringed.

So what... Japan wants to deploy 20 F-15s to one of their islands. Japan has the right to do so. Their national defense does not take a seat behind Communist China's actions or the rest of the world's opinion.

I support Japan for doing this. Their right to self defense should not be infringed.

I agree its their territory they can put what they like there and if the Chinese want to "accidentally fly off course" then perhaps the Japanese pilots may accidentally confuse the CD changer with a missile release button.

Last edited:
I don't see the big deal either. It's their territory and the F-15 isn't some kind of amphibious assault group.
Funny how they called the Apache a "fighter helicopter" haha. That's new.

"The plan, designed to enhance defense capabilities in southwestern Japan, also includes the deployment of an Apache fighter helicopter on the island of Kyushu, according to the spokeswoman."

one apache? what is that supposed to do?

"The plan, designed to enhance defense capabilities in southwestern Japan, also includes the deployment of an Apache fighter helicopter on the island of Kyushu, according to the spokeswoman."

one apache? what is that supposed to do?

Look cool as hell and play Metallica over a lod speaker when they launch TOW missiles.

Back