Japan to send fleet to Dokdo

A Can of Man

Je suis aware
Japan's going to send its Maritime Self Defense Force to Dokdo island, a South Korean territory they claim to be theirs. The Japanese call it Takeshima.
Because it's home soil, the Coast Guard, and not the Navy will deploy to cover the islands. The Japanese MSDF and the South Korean Coast Guard are expected to face off in a matter of days.

I don't think it's a good idea for the South Koreans to face off militarily against the Japanese... If my facts serve me right (and correct me if I'm wrong), isn't the Japanese Navy in the top 3 of the world?

The Japanese do have a good navy...im not sure about top 3 but good none the less. The South Koreans have no hope of defeating an intrenched Japanese Naval Force.

Well lets just wait and see what happens, I suppose that Japan is claiming back the ground it conquered at the start of 20th Century and lost again at the end of WW2

LeEnfield said:
Well lets just wait and see what happens, I suppose that Japan is claiming back the ground it conquered at the start of 20th Century and lost again at the end of WW2
You seems want to watch war on TV
Unfortuneteliy,Nothing will happen contrast you hope.
Research ship will measure sea and that,s all.
WAR?
Just JOKING

Last edited:
Hang-on is this island inhabited or is it another of those bizarre Spanish/Morrocan,Greek/Turkish episodes that happen when people get all protective over something they don't even care about or have forgotten about?

South Korea depends on Japan completely on economy
Their economy will collapse momentarily if they declare war on Japan.
Therefore, the probability that war happens is very low.

Nothing is going to come of this, the US has way too much influence in Japan for them to apesh_t over this.

Fox said:
I thought South Korea and Japan were friends.

Well, they are on the surface for political and business purposes but there are long standing tensions between them because of the Japanese occupation during the 1910-1940s.

sandy said:
South Korea depends on Japan completely on economy
Their economy will collapse momentarily if they declare war on Japan.
if japan fight sk, america will put a ban on japan, japanese will collapse instantly,

Last edited:
achinese said:
if japan fight sk, america will put a ban on japan, japanese will collapse instantly,

Why would the US do that? As far as I know, the US has stronger ties to Japan than to South Korea...

Back